THE FORUM

19-Oct-24, 06:22:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vultures Eat French Tourist Killed in Fatal Pyrenees Cliff Plunge  (Read 5142 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 04-May-13, 10:00:00 PM »

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/464496/20130504/vultures-killed-fatal-cliff-plunge-pyrenees.htm  Oh my!!

"They took 45 to 50 minutes to eat the body."  Shocked

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04-May-13, 10:41:54 PM »

Makes me shiver  thinking about being consumed that way.  Shocked

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-May-13, 11:10:42 PM »

Mother Nature's Cleanup Crew...
What more natural than quick recycling?
Carol
WV
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-May-13, 08:13:08 AM »

angel

Carol
WV

And it's a historical funeral process in some cultures. Most aren't allowed to do it anymore due to the squeamish factor.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
nycbird
Fledgling

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-May-13, 10:55:26 AM »

How very sad that the birds are forced to resort to the most toxic and undesirable flesh on earth to avoid starvation.

nycbird
BIGFRANK
« Reply #5 on: 05-May-13, 12:50:29 PM »

"How very sad that the birds are forced to resort to the most toxic and undesirable flesh on earth to avoid starvation."
  Where did it say they had to eat politicians? Jokingly..when we get huge volumes of low Turkey Vultures over our count site every fall, we remind watchers to move around a little just incase ;-)   
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-May-13, 01:45:57 PM »

"How very sad that the birds are forced to resort to the most toxic and undesirable flesh on earth to avoid starvation."
  Where did it say they had to eat politicians? Jokingly..when we get huge volumes of low Turkey Vultures over our count site every fall, we remind watchers to move around a little just incase ;-)   

maybe make sure they take a bath too  Embarrassed don't they find their food by smell?
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 05-May-13, 08:07:29 PM »

Carol
WV

You may call me weird, but being a nature geek, I've often thought that it's too bad we don't allow more "natural" burials like this...I'd definitely opt for it.  One of my earliest memories of lessons my father taught me on some hike in the woods: showing me the tree that had fallen a long time ago, and how you could pick up handfuls of its rotting wood; explaining that it was becoming the soil that had nourished it, and it would nourish new plants...

I like the idea of giving my body back to the earth, having taken so much from it, and that's certainly the most efficient way to go about it.  If it were just up to me...

The only problem is that the folks you left behind might be squeamish about it...
Nonny
Pipping

Like Count: 8

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-May-13, 06:03:06 PM »

You may call me weird, but being a nature geek, I've often thought that it's too bad we don't allow more "natural" burials like this...I'd definitely opt for it.  One of my earliest memories of lessons my father taught me on some hike in the woods: showing me the tree that had fallen a long time ago, and how you could pick up handfuls of its rotting wood; explaining that it was becoming the soil that had nourished it, and it would nourish new plants...

I like the idea of giving my body back to the earth, having taken so much from it, and that's certainly the most efficient way to go about it.  If it were just up to me...

The only problem is that the folks you left behind might be squeamish about it...

Hear, hear!
BIGFRANK
« Reply #9 on: 09-May-13, 07:05:20 PM »

Have always said "me in a hefty bag(tough enough to over stuff) and left at Minden dump for the bears to recycle. "
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: