THE FORUM

18-Oct-24, 06:19:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drawing for two peregrine falcon capture permits happening today!  (Read 1705 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 23-Apr-13, 09:51:53 PM »

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/peregrine-falcon-permit-fish-game-idaho-204255271.html

A special drawing will be happening today (Tuesday) at the MK Nature Center. The winner of the drawing will get to capture and raise the wild bird.

The Idaho Fish and Game Commission adopted new rules earlier this year to allow for the capture of two wild peregrine falcons. The two peregrine capture permits will be drawn today (Tuesday), at 11 a.m.

NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 23-Apr-13, 11:05:14 PM »

I think this is good and the season only runs from May 1st through August and who knows if they'll even catch one.  They didn't mention age in this unless it was in the video, I know others had to be juvies.  Just think, they wouldn't be totally free, but they'll have a great life and maybe they would have been two that wouldn't have otherwise.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-Apr-13, 04:57:49 AM »

I am  still very conflicted about this. While part of me does not want any wild bird captive unless it needs to be in care, captive birds were so integral to the recovery of pefas it makes sense to have some breeding stock.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: