THE FORUM

14-May-24, 07:31:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pigeon with problems  (Read 4305 times)
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« on: 09-Jan-10, 04:27:32 PM »

I saw this pigeon in my garden, first (a few days ago) I thought he was very wet, but I'm seeing him for a couple of days now and he still looks the same and he looks very bad. I looked at him for a long time and than I saw he had problems with walking and to turn around between the food.  It looks if he was missing a piece of his right leg. But he ate very well and flew away in a strong way. I will keep an eye on him. The last picture is of a good pigeon, to see the difference.

duck greetings Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 09-Jan-10, 04:47:10 PM »

I saw this pigeon in my garden, first (a few days ago) I thought he was very wet, but I'm seeing him for a couple of days now and he still looks the same and he looks very bad. I looked at him for a long time and than I saw he had problems with walking and to turn around between the food.  It looks if he was missing a piece of his right leg. But he ate very well and flew away in a strong way. I will keep an eye on him. The last picture is of a good pigeon, to see the difference.

duck greetings Aafke

He looks like my Cockatiel who never finishes molting. I hope he'll be OK Aafke. I know you will keep an eye on him. Let us know. Poor Pigeon....at least he's eating.  crying

Aafke
Falcon

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-Jan-10, 08:36:00 AM »

This morning the sick pigeon was waiting for me. I went outside to bring the food. He flew away to a tree. He was there for a very long time. I called him to come for the food, but he didn't listen. Another pigeon came and chased him away.  I can see him but can never catch him. I'm very worried. And its snowing again.
 scared greetings Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
Aafke
Falcon

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-Jan-10, 08:38:20 AM »

The pigeon in the yard looks like a ''wood pigeon''
 If that is growths on the beak, he could have ''pigeon pox''

A good website for asking for help with a sick pigeon is:

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/index.php

You will need to register but you will have many members answering you right away. Just put your question in the ''sick & injured '' forum.  Start a new thread so you will get immediate attention.

Thanks Nycbird,  clap I will look at this site!!
greetings Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-Jan-10, 08:55:07 AM »

The pigeon in the yard looks like a ''wood pigeon''
 If that is growths on the beak, he could have ''pigeon pox''

A good website for asking for help with a sick pigeon is:

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/index.php

You will need to register but you will have many members answering you right away. Just put your question in the ''sick & injured '' forum.  Start a new thread so you will get immediate attention.

Pigeon Pox:
How do you treat pigeon pox?
In: Pets [Edit categories]
[Improve]

Thanks Nycbird,  clap I will look at this site!!
greetings Aafke

Pigeon pox is virual with no known treatment. You can swab the lesions with diluted betadine or tea tree oil. The bird should be isolated since the disease is contagious. It is normally not fatal. There is no danger of transmission to humans.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: