THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 07:55:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Do They All Go After Fledging?  (Read 2650 times)
DoggyMom
Fluffball

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« on: 04-Jul-13, 10:37:22 AM »

I'm wondering what happens after they fledge. As I recall in past years, the eyas and parents left the nest box pretty soon after. How long after they fledge does this happen? And where do they go? Do they leave the area or sleep in trees or on buildings or what?
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04-Jul-13, 10:48:48 AM »

I'm wondering what happens after they fledge. As I recall in past years, the eyas and parents left the nest box pretty soon after. How long after they fledge does this happen? And where do they go? Do they leave the area or sleep in trees or on buildings or what?

Just from past experience, they fledge, (hopefully safely), make visits to the nest, may even sleep there at night. As they build their flight muscles they may roost on other building during the night. B and DC know where they are. Soon they will be flying all over Rochester, even making trips out of the area and back. (Callidora)! Then 1 day, they just fly off and keep flying out in the big wonderful world, no good-byes, just gone! Sad. Hopefully, some day they end up at a nest with a mate and someone spots them and records it.

valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 06-Jul-13, 09:22:30 AM »

Just from past experience, they fledge, (hopefully safely), make visits to the nest, may even sleep there at night. As they build their flight muscles they may roost on other building during the night. B and DC know where they are. Soon they will be flying all over Rochester, even making trips out of the area and back. (Callidora)! Then 1 day, they just fly off and keep flying out in the big wonderful world, no good-byes, just gone! Sad. Hopefully, some day they end up at a nest with a mate and someone spots them and records it.

Very nicely phrased, Donna!   clap
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: