THE FORUM

14-May-24, 06:32:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures from Research area this after noon, adult and a banded juvenile.  (Read 7205 times)
grannywood
Eyas

Like Count: 32

View Profile
« on: 10-Jan-10, 09:50:50 PM »

Here are pics from my late afternoon watch at the Kodak Research area.  I am pretty sure the adult today is unbanded, and therefore not Mariah.  Sad

I had a big surpirse with the arrival of a banded juvenile on the scene.  Shocked 

That makes 6 Peregrine Falcons in Rochester since last Thursday.

Here's the pics from today:

http://tinyurl.com/yz26a6r

Dana
birdlover
Eyas

Like Count: 18

"Mariah Is Home" 5-29-09

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 11-Jan-10, 12:02:58 AM »

Great photos!  At first sight, I thought the same thing - Mariah.  It's getting interesting round here.

thumbsup
valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 11-Jan-10, 06:24:57 AM »

Great pics and narative Dana!  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only confirmation falcon is Beauty and maybe last years couple?
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-Jan-10, 07:46:05 AM »

clap     thanks2    foxbinocs

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-Jan-10, 07:51:54 AM »

Wow!  A 6 Peregrine Week and none of them Mariah.  I wouldn't worry about her.  As I've said, she wouldn't be around much during this time of year.  Looks like we've got a bunch of migrants wintering here in Rochester.  I LOVE IT!!!   clap
« Last Edit: 11-Jan-10, 10:05:17 AM by Carol P. » Logged

Peregrines know no borders.....
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-Jan-10, 08:59:43 AM »

What a gorgeous peregrine this unbanded falcon is.  We definitely need a nestbox north of the city!!
valhalla
« Reply #6 on: 11-Jan-10, 11:22:32 AM »

We definitely need a nestbox north of the city!!

I was just saying the same thing  Wink
bess440
Eyas

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-Jan-10, 11:53:52 AM »

The unbanded peregrine is absolutely beautiful.  Can anyone guess whether it is a male or female?  This is pretty exciting for the middle of winter!  I so appreciate the watchers braving the cold to keep track of everyone.  We need a lot more nestboxes to accomodate all our visitors  Cheesy

Sue (Bess)
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11-Jan-10, 07:49:34 PM »

Great pics and narative Dana!  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only confirmation falcon is Beauty and maybe last years couple?
the only confirmed one is Beauty. There was never a positive ID on last years wintering pair so I would say no way to say if they are the same ones or not.

but hey I'm in Ohio so what do I know  wave
birdlover
Eyas

Like Count: 18

"Mariah Is Home" 5-29-09

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12-Jan-10, 04:34:29 AM »

Hotel Peregrine or the Falcon's Nest B&B..."a nice flyover in the cold winter season".
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-Jan-10, 11:42:41 AM »

wave   I was downtown with a friend of mine this morning and she was nice enough to take me over to the center on Elmwood Ave. where I saw 2 falcons on the back of the building at 11:00.One was on the right end of the ventilation system with it's back to us and the other was on a window ledge on the far right. I was very excited cuz I have no vehicle and don't get out and about a whole lot. yippee foxbinocs

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12-Jan-10, 11:55:56 AM »

wave   I was downtown with a friend of mine this morning and she was nice enough to take me over to the center on Elmwood Ave. where I saw 2 falcons on the back of the building at 11:00.One was on the right end of the ventilation system with it's back to us and the other was on a window ledge on the far right. I was very excited cuz I have no vehicle and don't get out and about a whole lot. yippee foxbinocs

Thanks MAK...how exciting for you. Now to figure out who they are.. confused0083 falcon falcon

grannywood
Eyas

Like Count: 32

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12-Jan-10, 05:37:54 PM »

the only confirmed one is Beauty. There was never a positive ID on last years wintering pair so I would say no way to say if they are the same ones or not.

but hey I'm in Ohio so what do I know  wave

Actually, with last years winter pair the female had bands - silver on the right, black over green on the left - but we were never able to get a confirmed reading of the bands.  The male had no bands.

Here's some pics from last years pair.  Some nice shots of the female in this album:

Winter Watch - Jan. 12th, 2009

http://tinyurl.com/9rgxqq

And some nice shots of the male in this album:

Winter Watch - Dec. 1st, 2008

http://tinyurl.com/yf3tgcq

Dana

Dana
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: