THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 10:12:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ostrich egg cam  (Read 48297 times)
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: 15-Dec-14, 09:37:41 AM »

did Leo die?
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 15-Dec-14, 12:47:48 PM »

did Leo die?

Leo did pass away..the whole saga is posted on the Aug. 3rd post on here, just above.

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 16-Dec-14, 06:43:13 PM »

did Leo die?

Leo did pass away..the whole saga is posted on the Aug. 3rd post on here, just above.
you know I read that article, all but the first line apparently sorry I hope he doesn't try again
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 16-Dec-14, 10:13:13 PM »

did Leo die?

you know I read that article, all but the first line apparently sorry I hope he doesn't try again

So do a lot of us, BC.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 16-Jun-15, 07:52:53 AM »

Hi! I went to visit the Kind Rancher Joel Saturday. WE had breakfast, Ralph danced for me, and Joel gave me 4 eggs (and a bonus egg that probably was not fertile, but I did not have the heart to not give it a try). Eggs were started June 13, 2015, should hatch around July 25, 2015 (42 day incubationat 97.5 degrees). Ustream Baby Ostrich Cam is where the incubator is, I turned on Chat. Dash.

Not again!!  stupid

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 16-Jun-15, 08:21:20 AM »

Hi! I went to visit the Kind Rancher Joel Saturday. WE had breakfast, Ralph danced for me, and Joel gave me 4 eggs (and a bonus egg that probably was not fertile, but I did not have the heart to not give it a try). Eggs were started June 13, 2015, should hatch around July 25, 2015 (42 day incubationat 97.5 degrees). Ustream Baby Ostrich Cam is where the incubator is, I turned on Chat. Dash.

Not again!!  stupid

Ugh.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 16-Jun-15, 11:22:57 PM »

thumbsdown

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 26-Jul-15, 10:19:53 PM »

http://youtu.be/P0BcsFSkGVk

This guy needs help!! How many has he killed already??? GIVE IT UP!!! Let the momma's take care of their own eggs!! He never learns!!!  stupid

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 27-Jul-15, 05:07:46 AM »

Why the hell did he poke a hole in that egg!? The chic would do it when it's ready!!! Ugh! nono

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 28-Jul-15, 07:56:19 PM »

The Real PIP Ostrich Page - Tuesday day 45: "The other eggs are gone. Gunga is healthy.
After a night in the incubator, and candling today there was no progress with the three eggs. No movement has been observed for days.
I spoke with Kind Rancher Joel, and we decided to proceed with opening the other 3 eggs. None were alive, they had stopped developing. . Kind Rancher has been having problems this year too. None of these would have survived in nature, and Gunga is a little miracle
Kind Rancher has chicks the same age so I will take Gunga to them so she can be in her new environment and with family and friends as soon as possible. As you know ostriches cannot survive alone, they fail to thrive without a social contact.
Gunga will join Aries when she gets bigger.
I am disappointed of course, but it’s OK, we did our best with these eggs. I do not think going in earlier would have improved the outcome, there was something wrong.
I am happy for Gunga. Thanks for all your kinds words, and my daughter thanks so many of you for buying and enjoying her Pip the Ostrich book.
I will give another update tonight. Here is a photo of Gunga this morning. She looks great."

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: