THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 07:31:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unread posts  (Read 4856 times)
Colleen T
Fledgling

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« on: 03-Aug-09, 02:13:40 PM »

One of my favorite features of this forum is the ability to see any unread posts since the last time I was here.  clap

However, I was away for a couple of hours and just thought I'd pop back in and see what I missed.  I clicked on the "show unread posts since last visit" and it said there were none.  But when I looked on the home page, I noticed several posts that I had not seen before - for example, the post by Bonnie on this page at 1:36.  Am I doing something wrong?
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03-Aug-09, 08:45:19 PM »

One of my favorite features of this forum is the ability to see any unread posts since the last time I was here.  clap

However, I was away for a couple of hours and just thought I'd pop back in and see what I missed.  I clicked on the "show unread posts since last visit" and it said there were none.  But when I looked on the home page, I noticed several posts that I had not seen before - for example, the post by Bonnie on this page at 1:36.  Am I doing something wrong?

Nope...you're doing just what you're supposed to do.  It's possible that the "unread posts" link hadn't caught up with itself at that point. 

And remember that if you click on the name of the latest post in a section it will take you right to it too.

Hope this helps!   wave

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 03-Aug-09, 10:37:30 PM »

Also, on the main page, if a board has a blue falcon button to the left of it, it means it has unread topics. Clicking on the blue button will bring up a list of those topics.

A gray falcon button means you've read all the topics on that board.
« Last Edit: 03-Aug-09, 11:02:24 PM by shakymon » Logged
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-Aug-09, 10:45:32 PM »

Also, on the main page, if a board has a blue falcon button to the left of it, it means it has unread topics. Clicking on the blue button will bring up a list of those topics.

A gray falcon button means you're read all the topics on that board.

And here I thought they were just for show!  See?  Even I learned something new today!    2thumbsup

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
Colleen T
Fledgling

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-Aug-09, 04:59:17 PM »

I tried the blue falcon button thing, but there are several that show blue (events, files, and a few more I can't remember) but when I click on them it says there are no new posts.  Are those permanently blue or am I doing something wrong? confused
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 10-Aug-09, 06:13:39 PM »

It could be that the forum page was an older cached version. Does control-refreshing the page make the blue falcons go away? If some blue falcons remain, try clicking on them. There might actually be some new unread topics there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: