THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 01:26:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you for showing us around  (Read 3442 times)
Caitie
Fledgling

Like Count: 19

Iamnotaddicted

View Profile
« on: 27-Sep-13, 10:09:21 PM »

Well it only took 12 years to finally make it up to Rochester to see one of my beloved peregrine falcons but arrive we did yesterday to meet Carol, Mak, and Joyce. It was a wonderful afternoon of Mariah, Kaver reminiscing 12 years of catching up to Beauty Smiley She did not disappoint with an appearance to my delight. Even leaving her dinner in the parking lot to mark the best vantage point to see her We watched as she preened on a high antenna. I had my Nikon binoculars which I bought years and years ago for just this occasion and there she was in all her Beauty. We also headed over to the gorge so I could pay homage to Mariah and Kaver for giving me such joy for 9 years, to their young that made it and to those who we lost especially our Isaura and  then to celebrate our new generation. I threw flowers off the bridge in celebration of all our beloved sweet raptors. Sadly we had to say goodbye after just a few hours spent with our lovely new and forever friends. Carol who I met online in 2002 and admire more then I could ever put into words!!!  Thank you sweet lady for responding to my email and spending the afternoon showing Walt and I all the falcon spots and sharing your stories of Mariah, Kaver and the juvies with us. Joyce for joining us with your pups and Mak with her little Sharpai charge. I was smiling for hours after we left. I miss Mariah and Kaver so much still but as Carol said I rather think of her with Kaver in a new spot enjoying many more years of life together. It was a beautiful day !  Thank you!!! Janie and Walt
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 27-Sep-13, 11:17:39 PM »

Janie, it was a pleasure meeting you and Walter. I hope you can come back soon and spend more time with us.  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28-Sep-13, 08:59:37 AM »

It's nice to hear that you got to Rochester after all those years, met some watchers and got to see Beauty.  Glad you enjoyed your day!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-Sep-13, 10:06:02 PM »

Janie - It was a joy to finally meet you and Walter.  I was thrilled to show you the places where "our" falcons fly and happy that you saw Beauty on the Frontier Communication Tower.   happy

I truly hope that you and Walter are able to come back to Rochester for next year's Falcon Watch Weekend.  You would love seeing the young fledglings. 

hiya

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-Sep-13, 07:29:49 AM »

Janie, see you next year at Watcher's Weekend!!  Wink From one to another!

Nice to see you back on here too!!  wave

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: