THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 09:34:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Buffalo Falcon With Ties to Rochester - 10/10/13  (Read 4924 times)
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« on: 10-Oct-13, 09:25:27 PM »

There's a new falcon in town!  For the last month or so, the Rochester Falcon Watchers have been keeping their eyes on a juvenile Peregrine Falcon that has been seen hunting off of buildings along the Genesee River north of downtown Rochester, NY.  There have been many pictures taken, but until now, its...

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=2073

This is an automated post.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10-Oct-13, 10:11:17 PM »

WOW, this is awesome news! Hope she stays around for the Winter. Way to go Dana, Joyce and Carol! The pics are fabulous too!!  notworthy  Yes, I bow to thee!! Another notch in tree of the MK legacy!!  heart

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-Oct-13, 10:22:37 PM »

Wonderful!  Thanks to all of the watchers who have so patiently waited and watched Billy for a long time now, hoping to get a shot of those bands.  I am thinking she is the same pefa we've seen at Hawkeye and Seneca Towers.  Perhaps Beauty and Dot.ca are pushing her further north, away from their territory.  Hopefully she'll stay around for a while. 

I'm thrilled that Billy came to my neighborhood, and you can bet I'll be watching for her!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-Oct-13, 10:23:26 PM »

good news  Great to hear Billy is holding his own.  flash

pfalcon foxbinocs

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-Oct-13, 07:38:08 AM »

So the UT was not a T after all?
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-Oct-13, 07:46:24 AM »

UT is still UT - he's with Pigott at her site and Billy has been spotted at another location.  Billy is a juvenile not an adult.  See details report here:  http://rfalconcam.com/falconwatching/?p=15151
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-Oct-13, 08:09:50 AM »

UT is still UT - he's with Pigott at her site and Billy has been spotted at another location.  Billy is a juvenile not an adult.  See details report here:  http://rfalconcam.com/falconwatching/?p=15151

Ahhhh! Thanks, Carly! I am kinda outa things now, so have not seen all the reports...
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-Oct-13, 08:32:38 PM »

I saw Billy on the radio tower at the Coast Guard station when I came home from work today, so I'm happy to report she's still in the area.  I've been living a falcon watcher's dream for the past few days. I get to see Beauty and Dot.ca when I'm at work and Billy when I'm at home! 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: