THE FORUM

30-Apr-24, 05:31:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: After the snow  (Read 3829 times)
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« on: 19-Jan-10, 03:27:09 PM »

After 4 weeks of snow and very cold weather I went to my garden. Almost all snow was gone. The water in the waterbarrel is still frozen.
In my house I found all different kind of seeds who were eaten by (I hope ) a mouse, but it can be a rat too. All the package were damaged. All my dahlia roots were soft because they were frozen, so I can throw all of them away.
Outside I found a dead frog and a few pumpkins with holes in them were birds (or other animals have eaten from them, one was totally gone.
During the snow and cold I went every 2 or 3 days to my garden to feed the birds.
greetings Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19-Jan-10, 03:33:15 PM »

I needed a new post for the other two pictures

Feed the birds!!!!
valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 19-Jan-10, 04:28:30 PM »

Aafke - I leave the pumpkins outside because the squirrels will chew them up and then either they or the birds will eat the seeds.  When it is really cold, everything is devoured.
Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-Jan-10, 08:19:48 PM »

The birds love you Aafke.  You take such good care of them !
Lola

Lola
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-Jan-10, 10:20:50 PM »

I would think it was a mouse because a rat would have ripped the package to shreds. You can tell it was just nibbled.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20-Jan-10, 06:39:05 AM »

After 4 weeks of snow and very cold weather I went to my garden. Almost all snow was gone. The water in the waterbarrel is still frozen.
In my house I found all different kind of seeds who were eaten by (I hope ) a mouse, but it can be a rat too. All the package were damaged. All my dahlia roots were soft because they were frozen, so I can throw all of them away.
Outside I found a dead frog and a few pumpkins with holes in them were birds (or other animals have eaten from them, one was totally gone.
During the snow and cold I went every 2 or 3 days to my garden to feed the birds.
greetings Aafke

What happened to the frog? Did he die from the cold? My sister said that last week when they had that cold snap, they had many BIG frogs frozen in time on their lawn. My brother in law picked them up and put them in the garden under some brush or something to keep them protected. He wasn't sure if they were dead or went into some kind of deep catatonic state. Hope they thawed out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: