THE FORUM

17-Apr-24, 08:56:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished MCM10K - Oct 27  (Read 4180 times)
valhalla
« on: 31-Oct-13, 03:50:09 PM »

Not sure if this link will work (Donna will figure it out), but I ran the Marine Corps Marathon 10K last Sunday and I had fun!  After that BEAST in April where I ran UP A MOUNTAIN (don't ask me what I was thinking), 6.2 miles of running from DC to Arlington in 1 hour and 10 minutes was an easy thing to do.  I'm still considering doing the Rochester (HALF) Marathon next September, so locals, please confirm that the course is pretty flat.  Can't do another BEAST!  Here I am and I was happy!

http://downloads.marathonfoto.com/marathonfoto/79b6f186-b4aa-4229-8b50-b2dbd27ce602/743583-1006-0043s.jpg
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 31-Oct-13, 04:15:40 PM »

Congratulations, Janet!  newyearbd You are looking very fine these days!!!

Dot in PA
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31-Oct-13, 05:10:14 PM »

Not sure if this link will work (Donna will figure it out), but I ran the Marine Corps Marathon 10K last Sunday and I had fun!  After that BEAST in April where I ran UP A MOUNTAIN (don't ask me what I was thinking), 6.2 miles of running from DC to Arlington in 1 hour and 10 minutes was an easy thing to do.  I'm still considering doing the Rochester (HALF) Marathon next September, so locals, please confirm that the course is pretty flat.  Can't do another BEAST!  Here I am and I was happy!

http://downloads.marathonfoto.com/marathonfoto/79b6f186-b4aa-4229-8b50-b2dbd27ce602/743583-1006-0043s.jpg

Good for you Janet and there is no mountain to climb in downtown Rochester!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31-Oct-13, 05:22:54 PM »

Congratulations !!
  You did great.
 HappyJackOLantern HappyJackOLantern
         Lola

Lola
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 03-Nov-13, 11:43:10 PM »

We've done several marathons or half-marathons in various locations, and the Columbus half-marathon (always in late October) we like really well...enough that we've done it three years in a row now.  It's really well-organized, draws a big crowd, almost entirely flat (there is one hill on the course), nice scenery, great crowd support.

We've also  done half or full marathons in Louisville (flat), Cincinnati (hilly), Nashville (hilly), Lexington KY (extremely hilly but beautiful - actually runs through horse country and not the city), Duluth (MN) (flat), Disney (flat), and Big Sur (very hilly but scenic) if you want any information on any of those.

Congratulations, by the way!
valhalla
« Reply #5 on: 05-Nov-13, 05:46:41 AM »

Thanks Patti for the info.  Louisville would be fun, so I will keep it under consideration.  It is the training (as you know) for these things that simply beat me up.  10K and 10Miles are pretty simple and just need a little bit more "effort", but those "M" words are another story.  I think doing the Blue Ridge and running up a mountain cured me of the "M" words  Wink  Do consider the MCM next October 10/28.
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 15-Nov-13, 12:27:35 AM »

It is the training (as you know) for these things that simply beat me up.

I agree...I trained for the NYC marathon last year (2012), and of course it was canceled...hard when all that work goes for naught.  Not that I think it was the wrong decision; I think it was the right decision to cancel the race given the post-hurricane conditions and general misery, but still frustrating.  10 miles is about my favorite distance; far enough to feel like I've accomplished something challenging, but not all the way to misery.  I had decided last last year's NYC marathon would be my last full marathon, but as part of the conditions of canceling the participants were allowed to choose a year to try again...I chose 2015 so I could have a break before deciding.  I'm sticking to half-marathons in 2014!
valhalla
« Reply #7 on: 18-Nov-13, 01:16:02 PM »

It is the training (as you know) for these things that simply beat me up.

I'm sticking to half-marathons in 2014!

Agree that 10 miles is good - would like to do the Cherry Blossom and the Army.  Still debating the Rochester 1/2 M-word, but I'm going to wait until I run 10 miles again and see how I feel.  You should consider the Rochester 1/2, which is a month before the MCM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: