THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 04:21:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is this Juvie?  (Read 7788 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 02-Dec-13, 09:16:47 AM »

Posted on BCAW

At first I thought 95/BA But it's 5/B and not sure if there are other digits!!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02-Dec-13, 09:21:56 AM »

I don't know, but it sure looks determined!  Whomever it is, it looks like it shares some of Baron's personality traits.   Wink  Where was it spotted?

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-Dec-13, 09:41:54 AM »

Buffalo juvie possibilities (the list I saw on the Forum didn't report left leg bands)

George - M - no tape silver
Bailey - F - yellow tape silver (maybe the tape fell off?)

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-Dec-13, 10:04:18 AM »

It was taken by Steve Sachs photography from Westchester County NY! So, hmmm!!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-Dec-13, 10:22:13 AM »

It's a great photo, and this juvie reminds me of Baron's "take charge" attitude.   He or she is definitely on a mission.  happy

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02-Dec-13, 03:45:25 PM »

Steven Sachs thinks it is 51/BC, based upon other photos he took.

Paul
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-Dec-13, 12:52:40 PM »

JUST GOT THE INFO ON THIS BIRD-51/BD
IT IS A FEMALE BORN THIS YEAR, BANDED IN A NEST IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
INTERESTING TO SEE IF SHE SHOWS UP IN PELHAM BAY AGAIN, WHICH WOULD INDICATE THAT SHE IS STAYING IN THE AREA

Lynne, one of yours!!  Cheesy

Remember the falcon that was found by Steven Sachs the puddle jumper well its one that I had info on to start with. It is from the Manchester, NH nest 51/AD, sister is 50/AD brother is 17/AD. When it was found hanging out in New York I never thought to look in Manchester, NH

Both pics from fb

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-Dec-13, 01:09:10 PM »

More awesome photos!

Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11-Dec-13, 01:10:19 PM »

INTERESTING TO SEE IF SHE SHOWS UP IN PELHAM BAY AGAIN, WHICH WOULD INDICATE THAT SHE IS STAYING IN THE AREA

Remember the falcon that was found by Steven Sachs the puddle jumper well its one that I had info on to start with. It is from the Manchester, NH nest 51/AD, sister is 50/AD brother is 17/AD. When it was found hanging out in New York I never thought to look in Manchester, NH

Both pics from fb
I watch that nest often!  I go by the building they are on all the time!  It's the only tall building for abount 10 blocks-next to the river.  They have a perch sticking out that you can see the birds sitting there. they never have watchs or let you know when banding is.  The audubon will not even let you know where the wild nests are!

Lynne in New Hampshire
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11-Dec-13, 02:02:03 PM »

Lynne, one of yours!!  Cheesy

Both pics from fb
I watch that nest often!  I go by the building they are on all the time!  It's the only tall building for abount 10 blocks-next to the river.  They have a perch sticking out that you can see the birds sitting there. they never have watchs or let you know when banding is.  The audubon will not even let you know where the wild nests are!

Beautiful juvie!  Love the pic but sad there's no watches there and no info passed on to people interested.
« Last Edit: 11-Dec-13, 02:59:53 PM by Kris G. » Logged

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11-Dec-13, 02:27:06 PM »

Both pics from fb

Oh BUMMER, no watches???   crying  This one made it! Hope the other 2 did also!!

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11-Dec-13, 03:04:45 PM »

I am so glad that one of this year's Manchester juvies has been seen and identified. She is a beauty; I hope she continues to stay safe. Minor correction for the record: the band numbers of the juvies are 51/BD, 50/BD and 17/BD.

The banding photos:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.549268738445827.1073741832.136057876433584&type=1
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11-Dec-13, 03:09:19 PM »

Oh boy, minor?? I should have seen that but I just got a bit excited! Thanks Alison!!

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11-Dec-13, 04:22:30 PM »

Oh boy, minor?? I should have seen that but I just got a bit excited! Thanks Alison!!
I was pretty excited that she has been identified too! I hadn't seen any banding information for this year's chicks until yesterday. I have watched this nest for years, and frequently see at least one of the adults at the nest.

Sometimes I am lucky enough to find both at the nest:

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11-Dec-13, 04:27:51 PM »

Most days I find one of the adults at home:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: