THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 02:49:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think it's that time again.....For your Christmas/Holiday Greetings  (Read 25884 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21-Dec-13, 05:05:03 PM »

The 3 whippersnappers is today's greeting from Eileen! Thanks Ei!!
That is just WAY TOO CUTE, Ei! 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 21-Dec-13, 08:09:28 PM »

The 3 whippersnappers is today's greeting from Eileen! Thanks Ei!!
That is just WAY TOO CUTE, Ei! 

They overdid the decorating thing a bit, but then falcons are an extreme bunch...
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22-Dec-13, 07:42:21 AM »

Today's Greeting is from long time member ginha.

So nice to hear from you  and glad your feeling much better. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Your tree is pretty!

Lou
Juvie

Like Count: 130

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 22-Dec-13, 08:50:37 PM »

Happy holidays fellow falcon fanatics!  And thanks everyone for a wonderful year of watching, reporting, sharing yourself, and inspiring me! You all are terrific!

Lou
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22-Dec-13, 09:19:52 PM »

Very cute Lou and Merry Christmas to you also!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22-Dec-13, 11:02:52 PM »

Gorgeous Christmas greeting Lou!   clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23-Dec-13, 07:28:54 AM »

2 more days!!  

Today's greeting is from Dana, lol, love the bird feeder! Very cute!  (Buddy too)

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23-Dec-13, 11:29:57 PM »

Time for another greeting, they're just rollin in now! A very nice one from dale!

dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 23-Dec-13, 11:52:23 PM »

Time for another greeting, they're just rollin in now! A very nice one from dale!

hahahaha!  As nice as taking a potty break while decorating your tree can possibly be!
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24-Dec-13, 09:06:32 AM »

Dale!  You have outdone yourself my friend!   clap

Love this Christmas Greeting.  Thank you.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24-Dec-13, 09:26:06 AM »

Now you all know I love a good falcon story.  So here is one as a Christmas gift from me to all of you.  Did it really happen this way?  Probably not.  But in the end, it happened.

Merry Christmas Everyone!   santawave

A Christmas Tail

Since losing her mate, Mariah had continued to guard her territory by herself and she was very tired.  Winter was approaching and it was time to find a new mate.  It was not her time to stop raising young eyases.  This nest box on top of this tall building was her home.

She stepped into her nest box and dug around a bit in the gravel and snow.    It was perfect!  From here she could see all sorts of buildings, short and tall, with a river flowing through.  It was a perfect spot to raise her young.  The days got shorter and colder.  Mariah defended her territory from passing hawks, eagles and other falcons.  This was hers. 

Mariah was on a ledge just above her nest box eating prey she had caught, when she heard a familiar sound.  One she had not heard in a long time.  EE-chup!  EE-chup!  EE-chup!  She looked up from her meal to see a tiercel come in for a landing.  He landed above her, looking down and chupping softly.  He was much darker than her lost mate and smaller.

When Mariah made no move to chase him off, he became bolder and flew down to the far end of her ledge.  Mariah continued to eat her meal, keeping one eye on her visitor.  The tiercel did not move the whole time she was eating.  When Mariah finished, she stood over the little bit of food that remained.  The tiercel moved closer, walking down the ledge towards her, very slowly.  When he got within reach, she lifted her talon and allowed him to take it.  It was a start.

A few days later, it was Christmas Day and the tiercel was still there.  He had hunted for himself, but had yet to offer anything to Mariah.  It was snowing hard and the winds were howling.  Mariah was inside the shelter of the nest box and the tiercel was on the ledge above her.  She was hungry, but knew it would almost be impossible to catch anything in this weather.

The tiercel took off and she lost sight of him as he flew into the gusting snow.  She was alone again.  Time passed and the tiercel did not return.  The storm was getting worse.

Then Mariah saw something approaching out of the whiteness.  It was the tiercel and he was carrying something in his talons.  He landed inside the nest box next to her clutching a blue jay he had successfully hunted.  She stepped towards him and took the offered meal.  EE-chup!   EE-chup!  EE-chup!  The tiercel stood back and watched as Mariah ate.  He had proven that he was a good hunter and that he could provide for their young eyases come springtime. 

Mariah had found a new mate that Christmas Day.  With him, she would raise young again.  Mariah and Kaver were home.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24-Dec-13, 11:00:52 AM »

Mariah had found a new mate that Christmas Day.  With him, she would raise young again.  Mariah and Kaver were home.

I heart heart heart a good story and this is the best!!

Thank you Carol, I miss them both, especially KAVER!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24-Dec-13, 12:01:03 PM »

Today's greeting is from Carol P. Thank you Carol!

ginha
Fledgling

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24-Dec-13, 12:57:47 PM »

Mariah had found a new mate that Christmas Day.  With him, she would raise young again.  Mariah and Kaver were home.

Wow that one got me  Cry ....I know I haven't been around much...never got to watch this year. Was a bit scary for awhile ( health reasons ) Most of you know I'm tiny ...but in May my weight dropped to 67 and I have finally gained it all back clap So maybe I will get there next season.. just have to figure out who is going to carry my oxygen tank. So on that note a Merry Christmas to all....P.S. thanks Donna for posting my card.

ginha
« Last Edit: 24-Dec-13, 01:29:14 PM by Shaky » Logged
WLABarb
Eyas

Like Count: 8

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24-Dec-13, 01:40:47 PM »

Oh Carol...What a wonderful story! FlaDonna and I were just talking (yes...on the telephone), about how it brought tears to our eyes.

I love all of the cards posted. What a creative group! Merry Christmas to all!
Barb
 sleigh
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: