THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 03:57:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIT Big Shot at High Falls Sunday February 9  (Read 3857 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« on: 28-Jan-14, 03:31:07 PM »

Hey Rochester area falcon watchers, don't forget that RIT's 29th Big Shot will be taken from the Pont Du Rennes Bridge on Sunday, February 9.  I participated in the Big Shot two years ago, and it's a lot of fun.  I can't wait to see the finished photo of the High Falls.  I bet it will be beautiful.

Here's the information from the website at http://bigshot.cias.rit.edu/big-shot-no-29/.

DATE: Sunday February 9, 2014. There is NO RAIN DATE.
- Assemble on the Pont De Rennes bridge – formerly the Platt Street bridge at 6:45pm
- Dress in WARM clothing
- The event should be over at 7:30pm. Attendees will be outside for the entire event
- Participants must bring a hand held light. It can be a flashlight or electronic flash equipment
- Street Parking is available or in the High Falls garage
- The event is free and open to the public
- Public bathrooms will be available either in or adjacent to the High Falls Visitors Center
- Participants will receive a 8.5 x 11 professional memento print of the final photograph courtesy of Nikon

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 28-Jan-14, 05:08:04 PM »

Hey Rochester area falcon watchers, don't forget that RIT's 29th Big Shot will be taken from the Pont Du Rennes Bridge on Sunday, February 9.  I participated in the Big Shot two years ago, and it's a lot of fun.  I can't wait to see the finished photo of the High Falls.  I bet it will be beautiful.

Here's the information from the website at http://bigshot.cias.rit.edu/big-shot-no-29/.

DATE: Sunday February 9, 2014. There is NO RAIN DATE.
- Assemble on the Pont De Rennes bridge – formerly the Platt Street bridge at 6:45pm
- Dress in WARM clothing
- The event should be over at 7:30pm. Attendees will be outside for the entire event
- Participants must bring a hand held light. It can be a flashlight or electronic flash equipment
- Street Parking is available or in the High Falls garage
- The event is free and open to the public
- Public bathrooms will be available either in or adjacent to the High Falls Visitors Center
- Participants will receive a 8.5 x 11 professional memento print of the final photograph courtesy of Nikon

Cool!  cool-045

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29-Jan-14, 05:48:18 PM »

This sounds like a lot of fun Pat.   happy

Peregrines know no borders.....
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-Jan-14, 06:13:40 PM »

The Big Shot two years ago at Sea Breeze was a lot of fun.  And there were about 1,500 people there!  Of course, that one was in May, not February.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29-Jan-14, 06:15:15 PM »

The Big Shot two years ago at Sea Breeze was a lot of fun.  And there were about 1,500 people there!  Of course, that one was in May, not February.

natale3

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: