THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 06:21:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watcher's Weekend 2015  (Read 39162 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 10-Jul-15, 01:12:34 PM »

Gassing up & on my way! Woo Hoo!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 10-Jul-15, 08:28:36 PM »

Everyone's at Seneca towers???  On my way. What's the address

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 10-Jul-15, 09:02:03 PM »

Tweets indicate that most of the watchers are downtown.
Bonnie
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 12-Jul-15, 03:44:17 PM »

Thank you again, Rochester hosts, for a wonderful Falcon Watcher's Weekend.  It is always a pleasure to reacquaint with everyone.  So glad I got to see the Seneca Towers falcons!!  Pictures are coming.  On the way home I had an adult bald eagle flyover in Windsor and saw one of my juvie eagles making its way across the pond where it was raised.  It was a quick trip home.

Yes, pictures of Cadence on the rail are coming.

William Blake
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 12-Jul-15, 04:08:56 PM »

Thank you again, Rochester hosts, for a wonderful Falcon Watcher's Weekend.  It is always a pleasure to reacquaint with everyone.  So glad I got to see the Seneca Towers falcons!!  Pictures are coming.  On the way home I had an adult bald eagle flyover in Windsor and saw one of my juvie eagles making its way across the pond where it was raised.  It was a quick trip home.

Glad to hear you got home safely. You're welcome to join me again at Seneca Towers to watch the falcons any time Bonnie. Good to see you!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 12-Jul-15, 07:13:39 PM »

Thank you again, Rochester hosts, for a wonderful Falcon Watcher's Weekend.  It is always a pleasure to reacquaint with everyone.  So glad I got to see the Seneca Towers falcons!!  Pictures are coming.  On the way home I had an adult bald eagle flyover in Windsor and saw one of my juvie eagles making its way across the pond where it was raised.  It was a quick trip home.

It was great to see and chat with you again! Glad you had a good time while here and can't wait to see your pics from this weekend!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 12-Jul-15, 07:41:06 PM »

I'm home at last!

I got a bit sidetracked on the way out of town. MAK had left to see a friend and Joyce & I looked around Seneca Towers for a bit. She said she was going to cross the river to look from the other side & I was headed down toward home. I was going to swing through DT on my way through. I pulled into the brewery lot & there's Joyce! She had changed her mind.

So we went out on the pedestrian bridge & spotted a bump or 2 on FCT...so off we go to there! I spotted one heading west.  Then we found one bump...then drove around the tower and found 2 more bumps! Genesee was the most visible. Beauty & Cadence were hiding in the rafters. As we drove around we found Brian. Then back to FCT. I was glad we took the detour...I hadn't actually met Genesee this weekend except as 2 juvies talon tagging.

I had a wonderful time. So glad I got to spend time with everyone! Pictures to follow...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 12-Jul-15, 08:42:42 PM »

Just to let everyone  know that we made it home !   It was so much fun seeing everyone again and visiting with each of you.  Met a new person Bonnie/BeverlyMass it was nice meeting you .  Can't wait to see the pictures from everyone. 

Lynne in New Hampshire
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 12-Jul-15, 09:06:52 PM »

I'm home at last!

I got a bit sidetracked on the way out of town. MAK had left to see a friend and Joyce & I looked around Seneca Towers for a bit. She said she was going to cross the river to look from the other side & I was headed down toward home. I was going to swing through DT on my way through. I pulled into the brewery lot & there's Joyce! She had changed her mind.

So we went out on the pedestrian bridge & spotted a bump or 2 on FCT...so off we go to there! I spotted one heading west.  Then we found one bump...then drove around the tower and found 2 more bumps! Genesee was the most visible. Beauty & Cadence were hiding in the rafters. As we drove around we found Brian. Then back to FCT. I was glad we took the detour...I hadn't actually met Genesee this weekend except as 2 juvies talon tagging.

I had a wonderful time. So glad I got to spend time with everyone! Pictures to follow...

I thought you were going to leave at noon..lol!  Good to hear you got to see more today, finally meeting Genesee, and I'm glad you're safely home..was good to see you again!  wave

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 12-Jul-15, 09:09:55 PM »

Just to let everyone  know that we made it home !   It was so much fun seeing everyone again and visiting with each of you.  Met a new person Bonnie/BeverlyMass it was nice meeting you .  Can't wait to see the pictures from everyone. 

Good to see you both again and glad you got home safe!  wave

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 12-Jul-15, 09:16:59 PM »

Woohoo, everyone home safe and sound!  yahoo

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 12-Jul-15, 09:21:15 PM »

And I was reminded just how hard it is to see a peregrine falcon on the FCT.

There are 2 in this picture...

and the cropped version...

This is Genesee...

(click to enlarge them)

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 12-Jul-15, 10:28:58 PM »

I'm glad everyone is home safe and sound, and glad you got to meet Genesee, Ei.  He's a handsome young fellow. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 13-Jul-15, 04:02:22 AM »

Can't wait for some pix - what fun you all had... thanks to the falcons!
Bonnie
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 13-Jul-15, 05:11:20 PM »

Most of these pictures have already been posted, but here is my version (Public Flickr File):

https://flic.kr/s/aHskczZ4PS

William Blake
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: