THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 01:58:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Janet's Great Room  (Read 5288 times)
valhalla
« on: 27-Feb-10, 04:31:00 PM »

Well, it is essentially finished, so if you want to take a look-see, here it is:

http://classic.kodakgallery.com/valhallaviews/main/great_room_-_fireplace_and_curtains

Enjoy!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 27-Feb-10, 05:53:19 PM »

Well, it is essentially finished, so if you want to take a look-see, here it is:

http://classic.kodakgallery.com/valhallaviews/main/great_room_-_fireplace_and_curtains

Enjoy!

What a GREAT ROOM Janet. So comfy & cozy. I like it.  Sit by the fire with 2 feet of snow outside, sipping hot toddy's....YUM!

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-Feb-10, 06:29:38 PM »

Your Great Room is, well, great!
I'll bet that fireplace has been getting lots of use this winter.

Paul
valhalla
« Reply #3 on: 27-Feb-10, 06:49:35 PM »

I'll bet that fireplace has been getting lots of use this winter.

Paul

Thanks!  Actually, not that much use!  This house is so well insulated that we experience positive pressure when closing doors in storms.  It is all electric and heat pump and the bill is a touch over what we paid to heat Valhalla and that was supplemented with diesel fuel!  It's a solid house - a good thing.  The thermostat is set between 64 and 67 (Rich will raise it to 68 or 69 sometimes) and we are very comfy (ok, my internal thermostat is on the fritz).  It's a good house.  Any suggestions on hiding the sat box and wires will be appreciated.
pdk
Fluffball

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-Mar-10, 06:17:13 PM »

Janet,
Wonderful space!  I think they make "channels" that the wires cluster into down to the box.  It would be a single strip down the center and probably can be painted the wall color.  Or run the wires behind the wall.
For the tv box, perhaps you could make a box of the mantel  material.  If you need access to the front of the tv box make it a drop down panel.  Just a thought!
Patricia (Florida)

p.s 70 degrees today!   clap
valhalla
« Reply #5 on: 08-Mar-10, 06:56:39 PM »

Janet,
Wonderful space!  I think they make "channels" that the wires cluster into down to the box.  It would be a single strip down the center and probably can be painted the wall color.  Or run the wires behind the wall.
For the tv box, perhaps you could make a box of the mantel  material.  If you need access to the front of the tv box make it a drop down panel.  Just a thought!
Patricia (Florida)

p.s 70 degrees today!   clap
Thanks for the kind words and suggestions (I could do without the 70 degrees when we only got to 60).   Wink  I'm leaning to the behind the wall and Rich is making lots of agony noises  lol  I think where the boxes and wires end up will be determined by the ceiling speakers and the wood and tin ceiling, as that is going to direct the overall effort.  We are going to have to duplicate the hiding effort in the kitchen for that flat panal (so I can watch NASCAR, NFL, MLB when cooking - my needs are simple)!
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 09-Mar-10, 07:27:32 AM »

Definitely put the wires in the wall. It will look so much nicer. Just be sure you're happy with the location of everything. Moving them later will be a pain.
rushhen06
Fledgling

Like Count: 17

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-Mar-10, 11:49:20 AM »

wow

What a beautiful room!!!
valhalla
« Reply #8 on: 09-Mar-10, 01:35:56 PM »

Moving them later will be a pain.

Only from the husband's viewpoint  laugh All kidding aside, I really think they are going into the wall, but I have to have the white frame made for the TV (look more like artwork rather than a TV).  I know that isn't going to be cheap, but it will look good.

valhalla
« Reply #9 on: 09-Mar-10, 01:40:53 PM »

wow

What a beautiful room!!!

Thanks!  Year one is almost complete and I'm pricing the Cherry Ceiling http://www.acpideas.com/index.cfm?XlinkID=80 right now.  Big decision - all wood or wood frames and tin inserts?  Decisions, decisions  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: