THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 08:41:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beleef de Lente online  (Read 35786 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 29-Apr-10, 07:47:30 PM »

I feel bad for the pigeon too.  It was a bad place to be.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30-Apr-10, 05:48:31 AM »

I feel bad for the pigeon too.  It was a bad place to be.

Pigeon is back!  Shocked scared blue Oh boy!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30-Apr-10, 05:54:17 AM »

Before she slipped to outside she obtained from to the running stud, whereupon they both in obscurity disappeared. Vrouwtje stone owl used later of the occasion of inspecting the running stud egg. According to some spyglasses it seemed that she pecked to the eggs. At 1.22 man came in with a strong mouse (wam). At the beginning of the morning the first cockchafers were even invoked, 12 in sum! In short, hunger suffering is not real. Round half seven vanochtend a running stud which took its fixed stek on the eggs, comes. Those have cooled down moreover after 6 hours to the destiny left be, however, considerably. Aroused curiosity what brings the day of us today!

Here's a bad translation of what took place yesterday

Pretty much saying...maybe they are getting used to each other but maybe the Owl took a few pecks at the pigeons eggs. I did see her over there last night by the pigeons eggs. Time will tell.

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30-Apr-10, 06:06:05 AM »

Before she slipped to outside she obtained from to the running stud, whereupon they both in obscurity disappeared. Vrouwtje stone owl used later of the occasion of inspecting the running stud egg. According to some spyglasses it seemed that she pecked to the eggs. At 1.22 man came in with a strong mouse (wam). At the beginning of the morning the first cockchafers were even invoked, 12 in sum! In short, hunger suffering is not real. Round half seven vanochtend a running stud which took its fixed stek on the eggs, comes. Those have cooled down moreover after 6 hours to the destiny left be, however, considerably. Aroused curiosity what brings the day of us today!

Pretty much saying...maybe they are getting used to each other but maybe the Owl took a few pecks at the pigeons eggs. I did see her over there last night by the pigeons eggs. Time will tell.

Oh my, but that is SPLENDID!! Will we ever know what a "running stud" is???

Slainte!
Bobbie
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30-Apr-10, 06:18:03 AM »

Slainte!
Bobbie

Maybe Male pigeon? ???  wave ???

carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30-Apr-10, 07:04:48 AM »

Slainte!
Bobbie

Maybe Male pigeon? ???  wave ???
The running Stud is a Stock Dove (columba oenas),but what is a running stud ? Greetings Carla
dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 30-Apr-10, 08:25:21 AM »

Before she slipped to outside she obtained from to the running stud, whereupon they both in obscurity disappeared...

I bet that's not a bad translation -- probably that's exactly what happened.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30-Apr-10, 08:34:34 AM »

Before she slipped to outside she obtained from to the running stud, whereupon they both in obscurity disappeared...

I bet that's not a bad translation -- probably that's exactly what happened.

I must dig out a book I got about the Coto Donana in Southern Spain when we were doing some exploring there. I bought it specifically because of its hilarious translation into English. Translation notwithstanding, if anyone ever wants a springtime surge of birding, head straight there... or Majorca... Hmmmm - that has me thinking... We could all shoot down, have a splendid week of birding... and still be back in time for the hatching!

Slainte!
Bobbie
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30-Apr-10, 11:59:55 AM »

2 new videos are on the site for the owl and the pigeon and what took place.

http://www.beleefdelente.nl/steenuil  4-30 videos

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30-Apr-10, 07:18:24 PM »

Their at it again Owl/pigeon....except the pigeon part of the cam is down..  hmmm

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02-May-10, 12:05:20 AM »

A quiet day incubation. A few skirmishes with the usual Pigeon Hole, but it seems that the slow owls in control and get the pigeons gradually give ground. Stone Owls that nest in more places with competition have, we saw again today during our field day. And of course there where the owl nest boxes have no interest in, for example because they have found another nice spot under the roof of a barn. And then benefit other birds of beautiful spacious closets owls. So we found a few boxes of Starlings and even great tits! Our experiences and results of the first field day, visit our blog www.athene.web-log.nl. The next week the log provided by Emiel and Joep. (Ronald & Pascal).

Owl/pigeon

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04-May-10, 02:50:40 PM »

Tonight, when the pigeon house, there are a large number of prey brought. Besides earthworms and beetles also mice. Good enough for the female to feed. The dove has been docked her four-night after leaving. I do not know exactly what the impact will be beneficial for the outcome but can not. For this reason, I expect that eventually the effect of the pigeon hole in the porch will be minimal. If the birds have eggs hatching is likely to end up like this guy owl food ...
9:06 p.m., Monday, May 3, 2010

I think the pigeons are gone!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04-May-10, 04:27:31 PM »

Tonight, when the pigeon house, there are a large number of prey brought. Besides earthworms and beetles also mice. Good enough for the female to feed. The dove has been docked her four-night after leaving. I do not know exactly what the impact will be beneficial for the outcome but can not. For this reason, I expect that eventually the effect of the pigeon hole in the porch will be minimal. If the birds have eggs hatching is likely to end up like this guy owl food ...

I saw the pigeon in the box today so they're still around.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04-May-10, 04:29:36 PM »

I saw the pigeon in the box today so they're still around.

In fact, it's there right now.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 05-May-10, 07:12:02 AM »

The three informants log thank Emil for his turn raid during our absence. Ronald and Pascal still enjoy bird-rich areas in southern Spain, I myself with some delay (strikes in Greece) just returned from the walkers and bird watchers fantastic island of Lesbos. Moreover, where the Little Owl is a very common species. Back from the dead appear to the problems involving the incubation of SU and HD in the same housing is not over. It seems at present a sort of armed peace, with the occasional big lash out at each other. Yet there yet boldly through brood. For how long? We follow it are all closely. The images are instructive in the sense that it becomes clear that it was not always gentle in nature going on. But we knew that already kinda, for example, the many programs of the African savannahs (Joep).
5:59 p.m., Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: