THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 01:48:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In My Opinion - Save our songbirds from being slaughtered by falcons  (Read 2279 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 17-Nov-15, 07:42:12 AM »

Both falcons and sparrow hawks exist upon their ability to kill, and feed upon other bird life. The Song Bird Trust says that hawks kill 250,000 song birds a day in Great Britain.

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Opinion-Save-songbirds-slaughtered-falcons/story-28184079-detail/story.html

Here we go!!!  Shocked

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 17-Nov-15, 08:12:03 AM »

Wow!  I don't think much of the article, but the comments I saw (the first three) are awesome.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-Nov-15, 12:57:37 PM »

Don't know how they decided that falcons killed all those songbirds but the fact is that falcons always get blamed without any actual proof. Sounds like the pigeon fanciers are probably behind this story!  Roll Eyes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-Nov-15, 10:43:21 PM »

Oh for cripes sake!  Anything I can find on chicken hawks look like coops or sharpies.  Their precious pigeons  bow ........don't get me started.  A huge decline in the house sparrow, that's because the danged things are all over in the U.S. now!  Considering the number hawks take, quit blaming it all on falcons.  aaarggh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: