THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 04:28:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 109   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 688847 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: 30-May-16, 08:56:58 PM »

Bedtime snack!

Speaking of masks...look at that face! And tails long enough to hang over the edge!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 31-May-16, 08:32:55 AM »

Ei, you are The Keeper of the Stats... do you think this fledging season is going very quickly? I think those eyases are just whipping along!  wave
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: 31-May-16, 09:27:16 AM »

Ei, you are The Keeper of the Stats... do you think this fledging season is going very quickly? I think those eyases are just whipping along!  wave

While they are whipping right along they are actually going at a typical pace. In & out of the box on or about banding day...more feather than fluff a week or so later...one adventurer out front well before our hearts can take it.

And I take my cues from Beauty & Dot. Remember last year when someone tumbled out of the box prematurely? Beauty was absolutely frantic until she managed to get it back inside...she knew it was too early. She's taking this bunch of adventurers in stride...feeding them on the falcony...taking food into the nest box when she wants them in for the night.

And then there's the fact that our perception of time accelerates as we get older...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: 31-May-16, 10:06:04 AM »

While they are whipping right along they are actually going at a typical pace. In & out of the box on or about banding day...more feather than fluff a week or so later...one adventurer out front well before our hearts can take it.

And I take my cues from Beauty & Dot. Remember last year when someone tumbled out of the box prematurely? Beauty was absolutely frantic until she managed to get it back inside...she knew it was too early. She's taking this bunch of adventurers in stride...feeding them on the falcony...taking food into the nest box when she wants them in for the night.

And then there's the fact that our perception of time accelerates as we get older...

And the Wise Ms Ei sends me some sense! Thank you. As ever. (Time accelerates??? Really??)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: 31-May-16, 10:20:57 AM »

Another thing I find interesting about this year's breeding season is that the hatches occurred on the earliest dates (5/1/16-5/3/16) for hatches at this site and the Kodak site going back to 2007, which is as far back as the Imprints archives go.  That may also be a contributing factor in thinking that this season is just flying by. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 31-May-16, 12:00:13 PM »

And the Wise Ms Ei sends me some sense! Thank you. As ever. (Time accelerates??? Really??)

happy

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: 31-May-16, 12:06:33 PM »

Another thing I find interesting about this year's breeding season is that the hatches occurred on the earliest dates (5/1/16-5/3/16) for hatches at this site and the Kodak site going back to 2007, which is as far back as the Imprints archives go.  That may also be a contributing factor in thinking that this season is just flying by. 

You are correct. The events chart goes back to 2001-started before my time-no hatch date is listed for 2002, but last egg laid was later than most. M&K hatches were between 5/6 & 5/12.

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: 31-May-16, 12:16:54 PM »

Thanks, Patsy!
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: 31-May-16, 02:24:14 PM »

Aria:  "Hmmm...I'd give it about a 6.5 for artistic merit and a 7 for technical skill."

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: 31-May-16, 02:25:04 PM »

gr Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: 31-May-16, 02:32:20 PM »

gr Aafke
WOW!  That is awesome! Thanks for posting, Aafke! 

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: 31-May-16, 02:34:33 PM »

This little boy's face is just incredibly precious.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: 31-May-16, 03:26:15 PM »

Thanks for the snack, Dad!

Do you think Mom saw him?

I'm not sure. Let's just act like nothing happened.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: 31-May-16, 04:13:02 PM »

Thanks for the snack, Dad!

Do you think Mom saw him?

I'm not sure. Let's just act like nothing happened.

laugh

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: 31-May-16, 06:37:46 PM »

Dot looks so tiny!

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 109   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: