THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 04:08:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadence, 91/BA  (Read 441415 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 25-Mar-17, 06:22:27 PM »

Internet connection keeps dropping. Grrr...might go down again. 
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25-Mar-17, 06:25:04 PM »

Internet connection keeps dropping. Grrr...

Doing the same thing here. I thought it was just my deathly slow Internet, combined with ever-crashing Firefox.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 25-Mar-17, 06:27:31 PM »

We were down early this morning for 6 hours.  I actually went into the office to call them as my phone is IP as well..they said at the time it was an area outage.  Must be storms somewhere maybe?!
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25-Mar-17, 06:28:29 PM »

Looks quiet now.  Cadence may be done for the day and gone off to eat and rest.  I hope she doesn't hurt herself in this attempt either. 
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25-Mar-17, 06:30:29 PM »

I hope her mate will bring her some food, and maybe stand guard while she eats.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 25-Mar-17, 06:33:35 PM »

He brought in food a few hours ago and she took it.  At the time we weren't sure who took the food as she hadn't been seen for a few hours but likely it was her now that we know she is safe.  He seems more concerned about 'his' eggs at the moment. 
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 25-Mar-17, 06:44:12 PM »

Good to know, Carly, thanks.

The male does seem to want the eggs, but if he is continuing to bring his mate food, he wants her there too.

Both came back again; the male in the nest, and his mate outside. I know it's her since I had a momentary front view just as everything went down again.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 25-Mar-17, 06:46:28 PM »

Yes she just walked out of cam view.  Maybe he'll have some food for her there, they likely have an eating area nearby but away from the nest to keep it clean.
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 25-Mar-17, 06:52:14 PM »

This is hard for me as well. I'm glad to know that Cadence is alive and well, but her hormones are raging to be a Mom for the first time, and she apparently likes this location.  I feel bad for the resident female. It brings back ill memories of when Beauty took over at Midtown. Interesting that Cadence would choose a 14 story building similar to nestbox in Rochester. I wish for this year to bring good news, not sad news.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 25-Mar-17, 07:12:14 PM »

I thought of Beauty too Joyce, very reminiscent of that time.  Every time I've seen Cadence she's looked strong and no injuries, praying it stays that way.  If push comes to shove, I'm hoping they both chose to live another day.
« Last Edit: 25-Mar-17, 07:17:46 PM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 25-Mar-17, 08:02:45 PM »

Cadence seems to be perched on the building above mom.  Dark out now ....  I don't like that, I wonder if she has eaten at all herself. 
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 25-Mar-17, 08:19:35 PM »

Lost internet again.  Assuming it holds I'll keep watch on the situation tonight and tomorrow.  If I vanish it's because we're down again.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 25-Mar-17, 08:47:05 PM »

Just caught up with this sad situation. I've seen territorial battles before and hoped to never witness another. It is not easy to watch, but it is the way things are now that there are many more Peregrines out there looking for mates and territories of their own.

I truly hope that neither female is injured too badly. Looking at the injuries the resident female has received remind me of Mariah's injuries. I feel so bad for her and Cadence who is only doing what she was born to do.   heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 25-Mar-17, 08:59:38 PM »

I'm just catching up too, Carol.  So sad to see this battle, especially because it involves eggs.  Cadence comes from a couple of lines of strong females, however, and she now carries the mantel of her clutch brothers, Bronx and Genesee.  I am hoping and praying she comes out of this okay, and that the resident female heals, but I know that may be a vain hope. 

On an interesting side note, we now have 100% proof that the blue feet turn yellow, as Cadence was a true blue foot. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 25-Mar-17, 09:32:11 PM »

Can't stay awake anymore.  Going to sign off and hope the morning brings a status quo and no further injuries.  Assuming internet isn't down again - that might be a pipe dream - I'll be up early to check in on the site.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: