THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 09:22:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadence, 91/BA  (Read 441573 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 05-Apr-17, 09:59:02 AM »

I'm very happy to hear that they are out looking for the resident female. If she wasn't injured too badly, she may have taken off, giving up her territory.

Cadence took a long drink from the rain water in the gutter.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 05-Apr-17, 10:16:39 AM »

I'm happy, I suppose, for Cadence but hate the idea of the resident female out there somewhere dead or injured. Cry I ask myself every season why I follow falcons that battle to death. We've seen way too much of that over the years.

Dot in PA

Same here Dot, I couldn't sleep last night over this!! They get to ya!! My husband say's I need professional help when it comes to animals. I love to watch every show on Animal Planet, every vet show but yet, I run out of the room every time a procedure comes up or an animal fights with another or eats one! I feed the birds out back and squirrels but when a Hawk comes in my yard, I'm out there chasing it away. Ed said stop feeding them and the Hawk will leave!  whistle Guess I am a messed up unit!

Tapper Gal
Fledgling

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 05-Apr-17, 11:59:44 AM »

I'm happy, I suppose, for Cadence but hate the idea of the resident female out there somewhere dead or injured. Cry I ask myself every season why I follow falcons that battle to death. We've seen way too much of that over the years.

Dot in PA

Same here Dot, I couldn't sleep last night over this!! They get to ya!! My husband say's I need professional help when it comes to animals. I love to watch every show on Animal Planet, every vet show but yet, I run out of the room every time a procedure comes up or an animal fights with another or eats one! I feed the birds out back and squirrels but when a Hawk comes in my yard, I'm out there chasing it away. Ed said stop feeding them and the Hawk will leave!  whistle Guess I am a messed up unit!

Tapper Gal, AKA ,  Diane
Tapper Gal
Fledgling

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 05-Apr-17, 12:03:00 PM »

Guess I messed up there.Well,my thoughts are with the resident female.I wish someone would find her.Poor momma,she gave it her all, that is for sure.Thanks for all the posts on this sad event.

Tapper Gal, AKA ,  Diane
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 05-Apr-17, 01:11:35 PM »

Natalie Gregorio
I made my rounds through the courthouse tower, looking down on the jail, admin, new annex, and prosecutors buildings - no sign of the Mom; I also looked in the cemetary...no sign. Sad

(They are looking for her)  Sad

Not seeing much activity lately.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 05-Apr-17, 01:45:26 PM »

I haven't noticed any signs of injury to Cadence. At only 2 years old she seems to be quite a force to be reckoned with. Hoping the resident female survived the battle. It's so bittersweet to watch these falcons so closely.  yes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 05-Apr-17, 03:30:28 PM »

Cadence was talking to dad (he was on the eggs), he flew off (she wasn't happy) then she did a short walkabout near the eggs and left.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 05-Apr-17, 03:51:01 PM »

She's demanding!! Calling for him, he wasn't in the nest!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 05-Apr-17, 04:16:25 PM »

She was in and out, yelling at dad, who was in the nest and left! She even beaked the eggs! I believe she's learning the Falcon way! When I see a young falcon at a nest and it's her 1st, I always think of S2! <3

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 05-Apr-17, 04:25:35 PM »

The fate of the resident female peregrine falcon on top of the Union County Courthouse remains uncertain as Falcon Cam followers share their concern and respect online for this tireless warrior. The pair has fought since late February to defend their territory against Cadence, the relentless female from Rochester, NY, who today appears in and around the nest while the male continues to incubate the eggs. At two years old, Cadence is young to lay eggs of her own although it is possible. Only time will tell if she will adopt the nest with the male, and how the two will interact as incubation of the two eggs has already begun. CWF will provide updates if the resident female, last seen battling yesterday, reappears or is found elsewhere.

From Conserve Wildlife

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 05-Apr-17, 04:42:01 PM »

Not sure why they think she can't lay eggs, she most certainly can at 2 years of age.  She wants food and a canoodle and dad just wants to incubate right now..but he'll eventually realize he's going to have to get with the new program.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 05-Apr-17, 04:59:35 PM »

Not sure why they think she can't lay eggs, she most certainly can at 2 years of age.  She wants food and a canoodle and dad just wants to incubate right now..but he'll eventually realize he's going to have to get with the new program.

I agree Carly. I'm wondering if when neither Cadence nor the resident male are on camera if they are off bonding and mating. They need boots there to watch from the ground more to see the clear picture of what's going on.  yes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
DebInTexas
Juvie

Like Count: 13

George and Gracie

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 05-Apr-17, 05:54:45 PM »

You're right, a few volunteers to observe would be helpful.  Is it just me, or does Little Man's bright white chest look a lot like DotCA?  He is a nice looking tierce.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 05-Apr-17, 06:01:05 PM »

You're right, a few volunteers to observe would be helpful.  Is it just me, or does Little Man's bright white chest look a lot like DotCA?  He is a nice looking tierce.

Not just you, I commented several days ago that he's bright and orange like DC  lol

And I agree with you and MAK, boots on the ground would be good right about now. 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 05-Apr-17, 06:08:27 PM »

I believe they do have people watching, a few have posted that they looked but no luck! It's a big city, lots of tall buildings, who knows where she is, if she's injured and if she will ever be found! Look at Archer!!  crying

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: