THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 11:15:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadence, 91/BA  (Read 446058 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 06-Apr-17, 08:40:32 PM »

sorrow
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 06-Apr-17, 09:46:49 PM »

It showed up as a memory on my fb page!! Unity!  heart

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 07-Apr-17, 01:57:28 AM »

My best pic of Unity on Mothers Day 2011 when Joyce and I got a positive ID on her.  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 07-Apr-17, 06:31:39 AM »

Great pic MAK, I remember that!!  Sad

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 07-Apr-17, 06:58:32 AM »

She knows what to do!

I don't see these eggs hatching, they are more exposed then incubated! Every time she shows up, he leaves. We have seen miracles!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 07-Apr-17, 08:03:04 AM »

He brought her food just before they did this? A bit of bonding in the nest!!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 07-Apr-17, 08:58:15 AM »

OMG, I'm trying so hard not to cry looking at Donna's most recent photos.  The maternal synapses in Cadence's brain are firing! clap

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 07-Apr-17, 09:04:21 AM »

OMG, I'm trying so hard not to cry looking at Donna's most recent photos.  The maternal synapses in Cadence's brain are firing! clap

They sure are Pat!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 07-Apr-17, 03:35:59 PM »

Cadence is sitting at the end of the building while dad is on the eggs...he sure is dedicated!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 07-Apr-17, 03:59:09 PM »

Yes he is, I feel bad for him and for Cadence too, her hormones are kicking in but he's kind of at another stage...we'll have to wait and see if they end up on the same page at some point.  

Wow..I'm watching her now and the wind is lifting her...it's so cool.  She just spreads her wings and lets the wind lift her..right up to the top of the igloo and then up and off!
« Last Edit: 16-Dec-17, 06:49:26 AM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 07-Apr-17, 05:47:43 PM »

I went back through Kate's archives - back to 2010 when Dori displaced Tasha after she had laid 2 eggs.  I had watched all that drama unfold at the time but couldn't remember the timing.  Dori laid her first egg 12 days after she won the site as per Kate's records.  I do remember Louie covering the eggs to keep them warm quite a bit but not as much as this little guy here...mind you it's much colder here than it was there at the time.  And if you remember both Dori and Tasha's eggs all hatched.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 07-Apr-17, 05:52:06 PM »

I went back through Kate's archives - back to 2010 when Dori displaced Tasha after she had laid 2 eggs.  I had watched all that drama unfold at the time but couldn't remember the timing.  Dori laid her first egg 12 days after she won the site as per Kate's records.  I do remember Louie covering the eggs to keep them warm quite a bit but not as much as this little guy here...mind you it's much colder here than it was there at the time.  And if you remember both Dori and Tasha's eggs all hatched.

Yup, I said, we have seen Miracles....look at Orion, look at Ohio, the rotten egg hatched! Anything can happen!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 07-Apr-17, 05:56:31 PM »

Yes he is, I feel bad for him and for Cady too, her hormones are kicking in but he's kind of at another stage...we'll have to wait and see if they end up on the same page at some point. 

Wow..I'm watching her now and the wind is lifting her...it's so cool.  She just spreads her wings and lets the wind lift her..right up to the top of the igloo and then up and off!

I saw that!  Couldn't believe my eyes..kind of reminded me of how Albatrosses take flight!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 07-Apr-17, 06:32:10 PM »

She's been on that gutter cover for a long time now! She's giving dad time with eggs!  heart

My pics programs not working today, had to attach!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 07-Apr-17, 10:19:57 PM »

I've just been reminiscing in my head about Cadence's time as a juvie here in Rochester.  It was definitely memorable. 

She probably fledged a bit too soon, just a half hour or so after her brother, Bronx.  She fledged to the Powers Building, like she was looking for her own nestbox right from the beginning.  Smiley

She lost her balance on the corner of the Crossroads Building and ended up in "juvie jail," an almost entirely enclosed balcony at the top of the building, where she would have to either squeeze herself under a small fence or jump over it to get out. Watchers gathered, prepared to rescue her if needed.  She managed to get out on her own. 

On one fateful windy day, at the same time as Bronx received his fatal injury, Cadence most likely hit the First Federal Building (OCSR), and landed on a planter just a few feet off the ground.  There she remained for several hours, under the careful watch of MAK and others, before she took off and flew low down State Street, landing on an old yellow painted brick building across the street from the Rochester Plaza Hotel. Watchers gathered in front of the hotel, watching Cadence, who seemed to be somewhat stunned. They would stay there for some hours, until it could be determined that Cadence was okay. Now, whenever I see that building, I think of Cadence. 

Then there was the happy time when Cadence decided to join us on Watchers Weekend, perching for some time on the pedestrian bridge at High Falls.  Bonnie took some beautiful shots of her that day. 

So while I am very sad for the resident mom in Elizabeth, as well as for the dad and their eggs, we Rochester falcon fans have a lot invested in Cadence and all the other Rochester fledges, and we wish to see them all succeed in life. That has to be done in the way of the falcon, whatever that may be. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: