THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 09:33:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadence, 91/BA  (Read 441575 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 09-Apr-17, 04:47:12 PM »

Betty Ann Kelly ยท Stockton University
91/BA on railing and prior was in nest box picking at left talon. On close inspection, appears to have an injury to left talon. (I guess they don't like calling her by her given name).

I don't know if it's true or if she was picking at leftovers, I didn't see her and I haven't seen her in a bit, so I'm wondering if there is a 3rd again??? The way these 2 take off in a hurry, you just never know.

Carol, I don't think they name them at this nest, just band them. I read what I can on them and I saw nothing on names! Too bad, could be fun!!  devil I believe Kathy Clark bands them here.

I kind of thought that might be the case Donna.  I noticed that Betty Ann doesn't use Cadence's name, only her band #s when referring to her.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 09-Apr-17, 05:30:37 PM »

91/BA on railing and prior was in nest box picking at left talon. On close inspection, appears to have an injury to left talon. (I guess they don't like calling her by her given name).

I don't know if it's true or if she was picking at leftovers, I didn't see her and I haven't seen her in a bit, so I'm wondering if there is a 3rd again??? The way these 2 take off in a hurry, you just never know.

Carol, I don't think they name them at this nest, just band them. I read what I can on them and I saw nothing on names! Too bad, could be fun!!  devil I believe Kathy Clark bands them here.

I kind of thought that might be the case Donna.  I noticed that Betty Ann doesn't use Cadence's name, only her band #s when referring to her.

Too bad, it's more "FUNNER" when they have names!!!  crazy

Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 09-Apr-17, 06:59:08 PM »

thumbsup

Too bad, it's more "FUNNER" when they have names!!! 
thumbsup 2thumbsup

Lynne in New Hampshire
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 09-Apr-17, 07:21:18 PM »

Not good pics but got a couple of her left foot ?injury.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 09-Apr-17, 07:57:54 PM »

I respect the fact that they do not name the falcons at that site, but I find it really annoying that they don't refer to Cadence by her name, or when they do, they put quotation marks around the name.  They should respect the naming traditions of people who sponsor other nests.

So what do we think about Cadence's left foot?  My eyes are still not good enough (from recent cataract surgery) to see it clearly in the photos. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 09-Apr-17, 08:18:41 PM »

Some people just don't believe in naming falcons.

Her talon may have been injured in the battle. I was watching when they zoomed in. She seems to be walking and gripping with it. Hopefully it will be ok.

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 09-Apr-17, 08:56:34 PM »

I respect the fact that they do not name the falcons at that site, but I find it really annoying that they don't refer to Cadence by her name, or when they do, they put quotation marks around the name.  They should respect the naming traditions of people who sponsor other nests.

So what do we think about Cadence's left foot?  My eyes are still not good enough (from recent cataract surgery) to see it clearly in the photos. 

I'm with ya on this Pat-I too, find it annoying that they don't call her Cadence. I've tried to remind them of her name but they choose to refer to her as 91/BA. And as far as the talon-I think it's leftover blood from a meal.  gum

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 09-Apr-17, 10:01:03 PM »

Hard to tell Kris but I think she's acting weird today!! Not around so much and she does seem on edge! No more problems, I hope!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 09-Apr-17, 10:56:44 PM »

Hard to tell Kris but I think she's acting weird today!! Not around so much and she does seem on edge! No more problems, I hope!

I didn't see her on that gutter guard anytime I looked today plus he acted antsy, a lot, while on the eggs. With no sound, it's hard to tell...I didn't see any flyabouts either...tough to know what's going on.  confused0083

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 10-Apr-17, 06:05:23 AM »

5.58 am and Cadence just flew in.  Dad on eggs not moving.  She just wants to be wooed, that's normally what a male would be doing at this point, they would be getting to know each other and forming a bond.

She's standing quietly in the doorway and he's not responding to her at all.  He's facing the other way.  

6.07 am and Cady moves into the hut and is talking to him and he's just laying there listening. 'Where's my breakfast dude?"

6.11 am and it seems he has no intention of moving, Cady remains standing by him.
« Last Edit: 10-Apr-17, 06:13:39 AM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 10-Apr-17, 06:17:55 AM »

6.15 am and Cady gets more vocal and finally gets him off the eggs and he exits the igloo!  Sometimes a girl has to put her talon down.

6.18 am and she's still in the box doing some housework.  Have to log now and get ready for the office.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 10-Apr-17, 12:22:55 PM »

12.11 pm and on lunch and peeking in.  Cadence came in and 'encouraged' him off the eggs.  It's 71 degrees there and he's on the eggs tight - that's not good.  *sigh* 

She is outside now..holding her balance well on the railing.  She does have a few small scrapes on her feet, not doubt from mom's talons when they got into that lock but nothing looks serious and her grip on the railing was quite tight.   

She just flew off.  And sure enough, he snuck back in.  Don't be surprised if you see a new male here shortly...or at least someone trying. 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 10-Apr-17, 02:20:10 PM »

Her left Talon looks nice and yellow, snagged this first thing this am. Carly, what do you mean "new male" shortly?

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 10-Apr-17, 02:46:58 PM »

I mean he is incubating - so he's past the 'mating stage' - even though he gives it the old college try, he's with the eggs more than with her.  She's at the start of the breeding cycle and requires more attention.  If they were in the same place now he'd be courting her, bringing her gifts, and forming a bond with her - he's not because he's distracted by his eggs.  Somewhere out there a floater tiercel is going to hear her cries and see she's not really 'bonded' to dad as of yet and he'll see an opportunity. 

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 10-Apr-17, 02:55:23 PM »

I mean he is incubating - so he's past the 'mating stage' - even though he gives it the old college try, he's with the eggs more than with her.  She's at the start of the breeding cycle and requires more attention.  If they were in the same place now he'd be courting her, bringing her gifts, and forming a bond with her - he's not because he's distracted by his eggs.  Somewhere out there a floater tiercel is going to hear her cries and see she's not really 'bonded' to dad as of yet and he'll see an opportunity. 

He certainly isn't interested in her, as far as I can see..too bad he won't give up those eggs to see the opportunity that's in front of him.  Sad

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: