THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 11:28:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadence, 91/BA  (Read 446314 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 04-Jun-17, 09:33:39 AM »

9.29 am and dad is on.  Baby one drapped over the non responsive baby.  I guess neither of them have noticed that something isn't right yet.  Someone mentioned they noticed the parasites were bothering them again this year?  I didn't notice myself.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 04-Jun-17, 10:14:25 AM »

Have to leave now.  VLU on BCAW says the first chick constantly squirming is indicative of parasites as they are constantly being bitten Sad

Hopefully the local authorities will be up there soon, maybe tomorrow if they can?!
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 04-Jun-17, 12:35:14 PM »

Cadence fed the one eyas again. The second eyas did not move at all. So sad.  Dad is with them now.   Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 04-Jun-17, 01:13:13 PM »

Another sad loss.... Cry    Fly free, little one. sorrow

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 04-Jun-17, 02:16:38 PM »

sorrow sorrow sorrow
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 04-Jun-17, 04:12:18 PM »

Fly free little eyas.  crying

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 04-Jun-17, 05:04:53 PM »

4.58 pm and shift change.  Dad looks puzzled about the lost baby..baby one is up and looking for food. Baby is jumping up to him for food and of course he has none.  Hopefully he gave Cadence some and she is prepping it for a feed.  He is pretending to feed baby now.  *sigh*
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 04-Jun-17, 05:09:27 PM »

Holy moly, she brought an entire bird inside, wings and all!
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 04-Jun-17, 05:12:32 PM »

Yep! Pigeon for dinner.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 04-Jun-17, 06:24:59 PM »

4.58 pm and shift change.  Dad looks puzzled about the lost baby..baby one is up and looking for food. Baby is jumping up to him for food and of course he has none.  Hopefully he gave Cadence some and she is prepping it for a feed.  He is pretending to feed baby now.  *sigh*

I saw him "feed" the babies a couple nights ago..he had nothing to feed them. This guy is clueless..poor provider from what I've seen.  I wouldn't be surprised if that baby didn't starve to death.  Cadence tries but I saw a feed the other night where the smallest got hardly anything during a feed.  The bites were either too large and Cadence ate it or too small and it stuck to Cadence's beak.  She left with a lot of meat still on the bird and baby was so hungry. I haven't watched much since because I just felt something bad was going to happen.   Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 04-Jun-17, 06:55:34 PM »

You may not want to watch now, it's dawning on her that the baby is gone and she's picking at it Sad  I hope they go up tomorrow and removed those old eggs and the baby's body...

The big baby can't seem to get comfortable at all, the sooner they get up there and check on him the better.  

The egg with the double shell on it is turning black, a dead body and rotting eggs isn't good for a baby to be exposed to.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 04-Jun-17, 06:57:54 PM »

How awfully sad to hear this sad news!! She was just picking at it! Sad She's kinda rough with the live one!! New mom, new everything!! Shocking news!  crying

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 04-Jun-17, 07:11:11 PM »

You may not want to watch now, it's dawning on her that the baby is gone and she's picking at it Sad  I hope they go up tomorrow and removed those old eggs and the baby's body...

The big baby can't seem to get comfortable at all, the sooner they get up there and check on him the better.  

The egg with the double shell on it is turning black, a dead body and rotting eggs isn't good for a baby to be exposed to.

I hope so too and I hope she doesn't feed the dead one to the live eyas.. might be diseased.. who knows.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 04-Jun-17, 07:11:54 PM »

How awfully sad to hear this sad news!! She was just picking at it! Sad She's kinda rough with the live one!! New mom, new everything!! Shocking news!  crying

She's tame compared to Durand in Columbus.  I had to stop watching her years ago cause she'd grind those babies so hard I couldn't bear it and yet they all survived hence I think the babies are tougher than they look in many ways.    

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 04-Jun-17, 07:17:34 PM »

7.11 - Cadence out and dad in, picking food off his toes. Yay he's removing the baby!!  Thank goodness!! 

Rest in peace little one  crying
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: