THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:34:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadence, 91/BA  (Read 441440 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: 08-Jun-17, 08:37:06 PM »

Third try to feed the baby and he's not interested.  That's not good.  I've been home 4.5 hours and he shows no interest in food.  Just sitting up with head straight up and eyes closed or like laying straight down in the gravel Sad

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 08-Jun-17, 08:41:21 PM »

Third try to feed the baby and he's not interested.  That's not good.  I've been home 4.5 hours and he shows no interest in food.  Just sitting up with head straight up and eyes closed or like laying straight down in the gravel Sad

Looks like this one isn't going to make it either..so very sad for her.   Cry

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 08-Jun-17, 08:51:30 PM »

She's been so attentive to him the past 3 days, she's really coming into her own as a mother despite all the challenges.  I can't help but wonder if they shouldn't have dosed him for Trich as well now, didn't want to entertain that thought earlier.
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 08-Jun-17, 09:54:06 PM »

She's been so attentive to him the past 3 days, she's really coming into her own as a mother despite all the challenges.  I can't help but wonder if they shouldn't have dosed him for Trich as well now, didn't want to entertain that thought earlier.

OMG, this is so very sad.   Cry

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Christiane
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 08-Jun-17, 10:27:29 PM »

About Baby acting strange--When Cadence and Baby hadn't had food for a long spell, Cadence went out and came back in with a huge prey and cleaned it and proceeded to eat herself Very quickly like she was starving and gave Baby what was left which was but a bite or two and stuffed large feathers into the little one--could those feathers cause a problem ?  I had never seen huge feathers being fed to the babies.  Another note, I had seen little ones at our nest boxes in Rochester over the years, when they don't want any more, they hop away and turn their backs and look at the back wall--this poor baby probably can't eat any more.  We have to have hope for Cadence and Dad's little one.  Felt I had to say something. . .  Christiane
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 09-Jun-17, 05:38:19 AM »

5.27 am:  Cadence out and dad came in.  Baby moving a bit this morning..mostly both parents seem to be covering him. He just did a little spin in a circle.

5.30 am:  Cadence is in with food.  Baby is not up for food, can't seem to keep his head up when he tried just now.  Cadence is trying but he's not interested.

5.36 am:  Cadence is breaking my heart, she's trying and staring at him.  She's poking him now to get him to respond, he tries to lift his head and just goes right back down in slow motion.  

5.43 am:  She's just standing there with her little food package staring down at baby, doesn't seem to know what to do.  Baby twitching occasionally.

5.46 am:  She's got a little piece of food in her beak and is trying to get to him respond with no luck.  A little poke and he does move but doesn't lift up.  

5.55 am:  She's still standing there watching him, gives him a poke the odd time to get a response and he does respond but only by moving a bit..otherwise still laying face down.

6.00 am:  He moved again, spun around a bit and plopped down.  She's still vocalizing to try and get him up - you can see her mouth moving and she's taking small bite to try and feed him.  He moved again into a ball and down.  She's poking hm to try and get him to eat but he's not able to keep his head up.

« Last Edit: 09-Jun-17, 06:04:48 AM by carly » Logged
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 09-Jun-17, 06:07:52 AM »

Something is very wrong with that eyas, behavior is way off. He should be walking all over now but he seems very lethargic! They keep saying he looks good and growing.......I don't see it! Cadence even looks concerned! I'm not going to watch another die, he needs some help.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: 09-Jun-17, 06:11:23 AM »

6.07 am and no change.  Baby does rotate the odd time but can't get up.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: 09-Jun-17, 06:13:16 AM »

Something is very wrong with that eyas, behavior is way off. He should be walking all over now but he seems very lethargic! They keep saying he looks good and growing.......I don't see it! Cadence even looks concerned! I'm not going to watch another die, he needs some help.

I know Donna.  I am posting to their site with hopes that Betty Ann checks in and that they can do something.  It's not looking good.  Cadence is watching him now and she hasn't given up but the baby does this weird rotation and then then back to slumber.

I can't help thinking if they'd have gone up they might have been able to help.  Not a criticism, I understand not wanting to scare Cadence but she'd stay for the baby..that's her tie to the site now.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 09-Jun-17, 06:19:56 AM »

6.16 am and she's still trying.  Baby tries to stand up but he can't get his legs up under him.  I have to log to get ready for work or I'll be late.  Hate to leave Sad  Sad.  I'll check in soon as I get there.
« Last Edit: 09-Jun-17, 07:55:58 AM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 09-Jun-17, 07:41:49 AM »

7.40 am and just arrived at work.  Cam is up, I have no words really...I think we all see what is happening.  crying

Cadence is still there with that little food packet in her talon, poor sweet girl... crying
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 09-Jun-17, 07:47:59 AM »

7.45 am and Cadence just left and she came right back 2 minutes later.  The baby can't lift it's head at all, it's talons are moving as if it's trying but it can't.  She's going to brood the baby now, can see her vocalizing  Sad
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 09-Jun-17, 07:53:32 AM »

7.52 am and I see a blood spot on the baby.  He also has a lump on his back.  Apologies, not posting this to upset anyone just want us to have a record in case we see it again in the future somewhere.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 09-Jun-17, 08:06:10 AM »

Betty Ann Kelly ยท Stockton University

We have been conferring with the wildlife biologist. She feels the eyas may have a neurological problem. The biologist is on her way but coming from a distance. When she arrives, the chick will be removed for testing and if it is possible, rehabilitation.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 09-Jun-17, 08:07:26 AM »

Oh god, it's almost too late.  Baby is on his side now,dad is now and is trying to help him  Cry Cry  Dad seems to be picking at him, mites maybe?  He's not trying to hurt him just to clarify.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: