THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 08:39:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadence, 91/BA  (Read 446169 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: 09-Jun-17, 11:14:23 AM »

I think one cam back on. Looks like the eggs are gone?

Peregrines know no borders.....
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 09-Jun-17, 11:15:48 AM »

Oh, I hope so. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 09-Jun-17, 11:46:09 AM »

Poor Cadence seems quite upset, she's going back and forth outside.  Hopefully she calms down soon and can move forward.

I wonder if they keep the cam on all year round?  or just during nesting?  I have gotten used to seeing her beautiful face and would miss her if they turned it off plus I'd like to keep track of her so we know she is safe.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 09-Jun-17, 12:07:36 PM »

She's inside now n her scrape.  And back out.
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 09-Jun-17, 12:16:48 PM »

I'm saddened that Cadence and her mate lost both of their offspring. It's hard to not be emotional, but I am grateful I got see her become a mom. Cadence is a survivor, and will soar the skies of NJ with pride. I will think of Cadence and remember her as a juvie when I fledge watch our 3 eyases this year.

This pic of Cadence and her eyas resting against her was taken yesterday.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: 09-Jun-17, 12:21:12 PM »

I'm saddened that Cadence and her mate lost both of their offspring. It's hard to not be emotional, but I am grateful I got see her become a mom. Cadence is a survivor, and will soar the skies of NJ with pride. I will think of Cadence and remember her as a juvie when I fledge watch our 3 eyases this year.

heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 09-Jun-17, 12:33:35 PM »

rose
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 09-Jun-17, 12:48:24 PM »

crying

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: 09-Jun-17, 01:33:36 PM »

sorrow   heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: 09-Jun-17, 01:36:31 PM »

Sharing a comment I made on the NJ site...

I admire Cadence & NJ dad through this stressful nesting season. They have been through a lot. Dad doesn't have a name, so I'm going to call him "Kildare" even though I know it dates me. L0L.

Dad did the right thing removing the eyases, even though I wished they could have been examined. Cadence & Kildare will bounce back. I hope they get to truly bond with each other now.
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: 09-Jun-17, 01:53:24 PM »

Sharing a comment I made on the NJ site...

I admire Cadence & NJ dad through this stressful nesting season. They have been through a lot. Dad doesn't have a name, so I'm going to call him "Kildare" even though I know it dates me. L0L.

Dad did the right thing removing the eyases, even though I wished they could have been examined. Cadence & Kildare will bounce back. I hope they get to truly bond with each other now.

Yep, I can see a bit of Richard Chamberlain in him.   Smiley

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: 09-Jun-17, 02:42:52 PM »

It was dad that took the baby out, they said mom and I did post a correction to her, here is the blurb just posted.  They found the body and a necropsy will be done.

Betty Ann Kelly ยท Stockton University
Good afternoon. To recap: This morning, the remaining chick was observed lying on it's back with feet up in the air, attempting, but not succeeding at picking it's head and appeared very lethargic. At one point, the adult female, 91/BA, picked up the eyas by the wing, carried it outside the nestbox and dropped it off the building. The eyas was recovered but dead and was taken by courier to a rehab facility in Mercer County where they will do a necropsy to try and determine the cause of death. Additionally, the eggs were taken by the NJ DEP Wildlife Biologist, Kathy Clark for the purposes of examination and determining possible cause of hatching failure. Needless to say both adults, male & female were none too happy with this exercise and circled the courthouse occassionally dive bombing us. When we left the pair, they were still on the rooftop.

Some of you have asked if it is possible that the birds will try again and produce another brood. That is highly unlikely and even if it did happen, it is too late in the season for it to be a successful endeavor.

We know that all of this has been very disturbing to our viewers but we ask that you keep in mind that we are only observers with a unique opportunity through our falcon cams to gain a glimpse into both the hard-to-watch parts of nature and the exciting and fun stuff too. Let's hope for a better breeding and nesting season next year. Thank you all for watching and recording your observations. -BAK
« Last Edit: 09-Jun-17, 02:50:39 PM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: 09-Jun-17, 09:08:00 PM »

9.00 pm and Cadence just came running to the igloo,she stood at the doorway a few minutes and is now inside standing quietly in the dark.    Sad  heart

9.15 pm and she's still there.  

9.20 pm I think dad was outside as I just saw someone fly off through the rails, Cadence still inside.

10.05 pm and I guess she's spending the nigh as she is still in there having a sleep now. 
« Last Edit: 09-Jun-17, 10:09:41 PM by carly » Logged
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 09-Jun-17, 09:10:13 PM »

crying

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: 09-Jun-17, 11:41:19 PM »

9.00 pm and Cadence just came running to the igloo,she stood at the doorway a few minutes and is now inside standing quietly in the dark.    Sad  heart

9.15 pm and she's still there.  

9.20 pm I think dad was outside as I just saw someone fly off through the rails, Cadence still inside.

10.05 pm and I guess she's spending the nigh as she is still in there having a sleep now. 

Cadence still in igloo at 11:40pm preening.  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: