THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 05:19:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 55 Water Street, NYC  (Read 61129 times)
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 01-Jun-11, 10:23:49 AM »

You might want to put this next sentence into the SHOUT BOX!!  The transmitter on Hope, the female, is Skye's.  It was refurbished.  They will put up the link to the tracking site as soon as she starts to fly.  The transmitter is working and is giving really good data.

The first male has fledged and is flying in and out of the scrape.  Apparently, all is going well right now.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 01-Jun-11, 10:26:45 AM »

Oh wow, nice. Our little Skye. Glad they can use it again. Thanks Bonnie, quite amazing huh?

carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 01-Jun-11, 04:22:52 PM »

Great News.I'm happy they used Skye's transmitter.And it's so exciting that they are fledging.I hope all go's well.

Greetings Carla
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 01-Jun-11, 04:31:23 PM »

Hope, may you fly the skies safely.  I like to think that our precious Skye will be with you in spirit -- guiding you from danger.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 01-Jun-11, 04:46:49 PM »

Thank you for the great pictures Bonnie & so glad the transmitter is being reused. Hope wasn't injured was she or did they just decide to use it on her for tracking. And I see Skye had it before - I do not know about that story - is there a place with that info I can read about.

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 01-Jun-11, 04:59:55 PM »

Thank you for the great pictures Bonnie & so glad the transmitter is being reused. Hope wasn't injured was she or did they just decide to use it on her for tracking. And I see Skye had it before - I do not know about that story - is there a place with that info I can read about.

Skye was the 2005 fledgling who was given a transmitter.  It was a project of the Migration Research Foundation.  Sadly, she only made it to early September 2005.  She died in Lucknow, ON.  You can find the full details on the MRF Peregrine page

(Yes, Carol, we really do need to knuckle under & get the history project on track)

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 01-Jun-11, 05:02:53 PM »

http://rfalconcam.com/rfc-main/skye2005SlideShow.php You can start here of Skye being fitted for the transmitter. Skye was from 2005.

Bonnie
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 01-Jun-11, 05:04:42 PM »

Hope was not injured.  I think Chris Nadereski put it on. The building loves those falcons and so does NYC.  And Hope was named by two service families, so she has a lot of angels looking out for her.  I think she may have followed her brothers today. 

William Blake
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 01-Jun-11, 05:48:30 PM »

Skye was the 2005 fledgling who was given a transmitter.  It was a project of the Migration Research Foundation.  Sadly, she only made it to early September 2005.  She died in Lucknow, ON.  You can find the full details on the MRF Peregrine page

(Yes, Carol, we really do need to knuckle under & get the history project on track)

(I know.   Wink

Peregrines know no borders.....
Bonnie
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 02-Jun-11, 05:52:43 PM »

My photographer friends were down this morning and Hope fledged.  Here is the email from Dennis Edge and his pictures.  He gave me permission to post.

Hi Bonnie,
Arrived there at 6:10 to find François already at the bench. One of the limo drivers that park there told him he saw a bird come out of the nest and land on the wall of the stairs that lead to the roof park of the parking garage next 55 Water St. We couldn't go up since a chain blocked the way. But eventually the chick jumped up on the railing of the roof park and we got good views and shots by going the street sidewalk
there. As you can see, it was the female with the transmitter and while we were shooting the chain was removed and people went up the stairs only to flush the bird. It flew just above our heads low and disappeared across the FDR Drive. Our hearts sank thinking it flew onto the drive. We ran around back to the benches to find it and thankfully it had made it over the drive but we did not see it again. We thought maybe it had flown onto the heliport building since both adults were circling above it but we didn't find it. As we left 2 chicks remain at the nest. An exciting, anxious morning.

See you,
Dennis

William Blake
carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 02-Jun-11, 06:34:42 PM »

Thank you so much for this great report.I love to know how these falcons are doing.Thank Dennis for letting us know.I hope Hope is alright.Great pictures of her.

Greetings Carla
Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 02-Jun-11, 07:47:33 PM »

TY everyone for the information & I am very glad Hope is ok & has fledged.

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
Bonnie
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: 03-Jun-11, 08:10:45 AM »

And from Francois Portmann who was with Dennis Wednesday and Thursday:

http://www.fotoportmann.com/birdblog/2011/06/02/peregrine-falcons-55water-ny

William Blake
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 03-Jun-11, 08:27:29 AM »

Love the pics, especially the 1st and 3rd. Thanks Bonnie. Good luck little ones, don't get in trouble.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 03-Jun-11, 11:10:15 AM »

Fantastically beautiful pictures, Bonnie!  Looking good so far!!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: