THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 01:23:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Helsingborg, Sweden Peregrines 2017  (Read 3497 times)
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« on: 05-Aug-17, 11:33:40 AM »

Once again this year, RÃ¥ger and Linnea incubated four eggs. However, it was thought that RÃ¥ger appeared to be injured at some point during the spring, and then he disappeared.

Linnea continued to incubate, but the eggs did not hatch. Usually this pair has been given a foster chick to raise, and they have done a wonderful job each time.

A few days ago, RÃ¥ger's body was found. His bands (A/2) were clearly visible. It would seem that his disappearance was not caused by a territorial dispute after all. He had no visible injuries. I translated this from the Swedish on the site, with some assistance from Google.

RÃ¥ger's disappearance earlier this summer was not entirely unexpected. Perhaps primarily because of the disturbance that had occurred in the territory in connection with the "intrusion" of other falcons, but also because of his advanced age. But the explanation that it was probably due to an accidental event was a less-anticipated solution.

In the last few days, Lantmännen's staff found Råger's remains inside a pipe. It is always very sad, even when it is caused by an accidental incident. At the same time, with the experience that Råger had at this place, why should he suffer? I do not think he was quite okay physically, but it may be due to the time element and even the pipe itself may have been the cause of the accident.

However, we will probably never learn the whole truth about what happened.

RÃ¥ger back in 2002: A very handsome tiercel.

Photo by Henrik Ehrenberg.

This is another very sad loss. RÃ¥ger was the first and only resident male at this site from the beginning. He was a great provider, a very supportive mate and a great Dad to his chicks. He will be missed.
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 05-Aug-17, 11:45:39 AM »

In the meantime, a new, unbanded male appeared at the nest. Linnea has now accepted him.

Photo from the site:

"Hey! My name is Kornrad, and I'm new here."

The cam is not live at the moment.

http://www.kof.nu/falkarna/index.htm
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-Aug-17, 12:47:17 PM »

crying crying crying
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-Aug-17, 02:54:23 PM »

sorrow

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-Aug-17, 08:06:08 PM »

How terribly sad!! Fly Free!!  heart

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-Aug-17, 08:01:57 AM »

crying

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Tapper Gal
Fledgling

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06-Aug-17, 01:29:58 PM »

Once again this year, RÃ¥ger and Linnea incubated four eggs. However, it was thought that RÃ¥ger appeared to be injured at some point during the spring, and then he disappeared.

Linnea continued to incubate, but the eggs did not hatch. Usually this pair has been given a foster chick to raise, and they have done a wonderful job each time.

A few days ago, RÃ¥ger's body was found. His bands (A/2) were clearly visible. It would seem that his disappearance was not caused by a territorial dispute after all. He had no visible injuries. I translated this from the Swedish on the site, with some assistance from Google.

RÃ¥ger's disappearance earlier this summer was not entirely unexpected. Perhaps primarily because of the disturbance that had occurred in the territory in connection with the "intrusion" of other falcons, but also because of his advanced age. But the explanation that it was probably due to an accidental event was a less-anticipated solution.

In the last few days, Lantmännen's staff found Råger's remains inside a pipe. It is always very sad, even when it is caused by an accidental incident. At the same time, with the experience that Råger had at this place, why should he suffer? I do not think he was quite okay physically, but it may be due to the time element and even the pipe itself may have been the cause of the accident.

However, we will probably never learn the whole truth about what happened.

RÃ¥ger back in 2002: A very handsome tiercel.

Photo by Henrik Ehrenberg.

This is another very sad loss. RÃ¥ger was the first and only resident male at this site from the beginning. He was a great provider, a very supportive mate and a great Dad to his chicks. He will be missed.

Condolences on the loss of this special falcon. falcon

Tapper Gal, AKA ,  Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: