THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 02:44:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Watch Locations  (Read 1133 times)
KathJensen
Big Clutch

Like Count: 4

View Profile
« on: 24-Jun-22, 02:35:01 PM »

I am wondering where the best spot is to watch the falcons in downtown.  I'd like to take my binoculars and watch esp. when the eyas start testing their own wings.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

Kathryn Jensen
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 24-Jun-22, 07:17:01 PM »

I am wondering where the best spot is to watch the falcons in downtown.  I'd like to take my binoculars and watch esp. when the eyas start testing their own wings.

Kathryn Jensen

There is a lot going on downtown these days. Several traditional viewing locations are in or near construction zones. The are also issues with crime. It might be a good idea to make arrangements to go with an experienced falcon watcher rather than go alone.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25-Jun-22, 06:59:58 AM »

Kathryn Jensen

There is a lot going on downtown these days. Several traditional viewing locations are in or near construction zones. The are also issues with crime. It might be a good idea to make arrangements to go with an experienced falcon watcher rather than go alone.

Hello Kath! Right now there haven't been too many watchers going downtown. When the fledge watch starts, that will change. Our watching area is under heavy construction right now, so we'll have to figure out where the best spots are to park and watch.

If you want to check out the area, I would do it on a weekend when there is less traffic. The Court ST Bridge is a nice view of the whole area. We have watchers that prefer it there. It's near the Dinosaur Bbq.

Be very careful and aware of your surroundings.

When the fledge watch starts, we would love to have you join us. It will be announced here.

Peregrines know no borders.....
KathJensen
Big Clutch

Like Count: 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-Jul-22, 12:08:44 PM »

Thank you!

Kathryn
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-Jul-22, 04:08:56 AM »

Hi Kathryn!

We've just started the fledge watch. So far we've been ok on Aqueduct St, which we call the hole. It is directly across from the Times Square Bldg. I will be there early morning to afternoon. Other watcher come late afternoon to evening. You and anyone else are welcome to join us!

I think they'll be fledgling very soon.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: