THE FORUM

13-Oct-24, 03:18:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Houston TX Peregrines  (Read 2144 times)
DebInTexas
Juvie

Like Count: 13

George and Gracie

View Profile
« on: 06-Apr-10, 11:42:15 PM »

I guess I could call this a small introduction of myself and my long-time interest in Peregrines.  It started with my spotting the wintering birds back around 2000.  This year's pair is still here, as of today!  Many of us Houston birders believe some are nesting here, but I haven't seen it yet.  Enjoy the article that appeared in our local paper in Nov. 2007.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5299690.html

Good birding to us all!

DebInTexas
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07-Apr-10, 07:34:39 AM »

I guess I could call this a small introduction of myself and my long-time interest in Peregrines.  It started with my spotting the wintering birds back around 2000.  This year's pair is still here, as of today!  Many of us Houston birders believe some are nesting here, but I haven't seen it yet.  Enjoy the article that appeared in our local paper in Nov. 2007.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5299690.html

Good birding to us all!

DebInTexas

Very nice  and congrats..keep us posted.

DebInTexas
Juvie

Like Count: 13

George and Gracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-May-10, 10:59:06 AM »

It is May 3, and they are still here!  I watch them perch daily on the building across the street from my office.  (How do I get any work done!?)  During winter, they would frequently perch together (Ms. Perrie and Silverback).  For the last few weeks, it has been individually, but spotting both at some point during the day.  Also see the occasionally 'feathers flying' when they are eating.

If by chance this pair is nesting here, how far away might the nest be from this daily perch spot?

Debbie in Texas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: