THE FORUM

01-May-24, 03:57:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kentucky Osprey has 3 eggs  (Read 3136 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 15-Apr-10, 10:19:37 PM »

http://keepky.org/html/nest_cam_1.html

It's dark there now!

Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 19-May-10, 07:13:01 PM »

An update from the fellow who monitors and maintains this Osprey Cam:

All three chicks are doing well. There is always some concern about the 3rd or 4th chicks when this many chicks are present. Since the 3rd or 4th chicks are smaller since hatching 2 or 4 days after the first and second chicks. Lake Barkley 3rd and 4th chicks seem to do well likely due to the abundant supply of fish at Lake Barkley. With the flood water, muddy water color and debri it was a concern that fishing for the adults might be more difficult resulting in less food for the chicks. Two new video clips have been added that hopefully show that fishing has been successful perhaps as good as ever. A second more recent "feeding three chicks" clip was added showing the smaller chick getting most of the fish in the clip and "male catches large fish". The largest fish we have seen brought into the nest so far. The fish looks like a "River Herring" or "skip jack" to me. We have also added one hour of streaming video availability each day beginning now at 7
 am eastern time. Nest viewing is at:  http://keepky.org/index.html  Saved video clips are at the "Photos and Videos" tab under the word "Home".

Ed Ray, Hopkins Co.  
valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 19-May-10, 07:37:31 PM »

Thanks Patti!  I found from my years of osprey watching that they don't care about water color - some of the best fishing is after a good storm - I have no idea why, but the birds don't care!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: