THE FORUM

20-Apr-24, 09:58:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIRD OF PREY Days (Apr 23-25, 2010) Braddock Bay  (Read 10912 times)
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« on: 17-Apr-10, 09:49:03 AM »

Bird of Prey Days 2010

April 23-25, 2010
Braddock Bay Raptor Research (BBRR) is proud to present our 22nd annual Bird of Prey Days to be held at Braddock Bay Park, on East Manitou Road in Greece.  If you have ever wanted to see a hawk, owl or eagle up close and personal, attend one of the many educational programs offered to families and individuals of all ages.  Braddock Bay Raptor Research celebrates the spring migration with programs all weekend long, which focus on the raptors and the spectacular migration that is witnessed each year.  For detailed information about this event, download your own copy of our Bird of Prey Days 2010 Event Schedule.

Program highlights will include:

Live Birds of Prey with Paul Schnell featuring Liberty the bald eagle,Friday, April 23rd .
The Rochester Peregrine Falcon Project presented by June Summers of Genesee Valley Audubon, Saturday, April 24th
Live Birds of Prey with Ron Walker and Friends with Feathers–Two presentations on Sunday April 25th
Owl Prowls – Saturday & Sunday morning at 7:30 am
Raptor Banding Demonstrations both Saturday & Sunday
Visit the Hawkwatch all weekend or go on a tour of the Hawk Banding Station

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 21-Apr-10, 01:21:02 PM »

Anyone going on Saturday for the Rochester Falcon presentation?  Be sure to say hi!   wave

Peregrines know no borders.....
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-Apr-10, 01:52:35 PM »

Anyone going on Saturday for the Rochester Falcon presentation?  Be sure to say hi!   wave

In case anyone doesn't know it, Carol P is also part of the the Rochester Peregrine Falcon Project presentation at 11:00 am on Saturday Apr. 23rd.

Bird of Prey Days 2010 Event Schedule
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-Apr-10, 06:56:27 PM »

In case anyone doesn't know it, Carol P is also part of the the Rochester Peregrine Falcon Project presentation at 11:00 am on Saturday Apr. 23rd.

Bird of Prey Days 2010 Event Schedule

Wowm she's a star! Way to go Carol!  clap

Lou
Juvie

Like Count: 130

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 22-Apr-10, 08:03:05 PM »

We'll stop by to cheer you on Carol!

Also, it looks like tomorrow night is when the Live Birds of Prey program is (7:00). These are birds from the Institute for Environmental Learning, which includes Emma, the Peregrine Falcon. This album shows some of their birds, including Emma: Braddocks Bay Raptors

Lou
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-Apr-10, 07:13:33 AM »

good post thanks2

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24-Apr-10, 09:59:59 AM »

We went to the live Bird of Prey show last night at Braddock Bay which was great!  Kudos to Paul Schnell for what he does and the wonderful presentation he gave to a sizable crowd. Really beautiful birds!   clap

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24-Apr-10, 02:43:58 PM »

I just got back from Braddocks' Bird of prey days where I saw a live sharp-shinned hawk be released after being banded. It was awesome!!!  Then I watched the presentation from GVAS and our very own Carol Phillips (good job Carol) talk about peregrines. Finally,they had a live Peregrine Falcon that was like 2 ft. away from me!!!    yes yahoo dance1  Saw Joyce and Brian H. and some other watchers.

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24-Apr-10, 02:57:56 PM »

I just got back from Braddocks' Bird of prey days where I saw a live sharp-shinned hawk be released after being banded. It was awesome!!!  Then I watched the presentation from GVAS and our very own Carol Phillips (good job Carol) talk about peregrines. Finally,they had a live Peregrine Falcon that was like 2 ft. away from me!!!    yes yahoo dance1  Saw Joyce and Brian H. and some other watchers.

Good for you MAK...glad you had a good time. Was it Emma you saw?

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24-Apr-10, 02:58:36 PM »

We went to the live Bird of Prey show last night at Braddock Bay which was great!  Kudos to Paul Schnell for what he does and the wonderful presentation he gave to a sizable crowd. Really beautiful birds!   clap

Another lucky gal!  thumbsup

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24-Apr-10, 03:12:05 PM »

It was a very small male and I don't know the name if it had one.  :Smiley

-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24-Apr-10, 03:23:28 PM »

It was a very small male and I don't know the name if it had one.  :Smiley

That must be the same tiercel that we saw last night and they didn't give us his name either.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24-Apr-10, 05:15:49 PM »

Thanks MAK!   happy

I heard afterwards that the Tiercel's name is Cade after Thomas Cade.  What a beautiful bird!   heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24-Apr-10, 05:38:59 PM »

Uh huh!    yes

-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24-Apr-10, 06:05:52 PM »

Thanks MAK!   happy

I heard afterwards that the Tiercel's name is Cade after Thomas Cade.  What a beautiful bird!   heart

You did a wonderful job, Carol!!!  And what a perfect name for a peregrine!  We owe much to Tom Cade for his work restoring the population of peregrines!  Cade is a beautiful bird!!!!!  So exciting to see a peregrine up close!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: