THE FORUM

21-Sep-24, 01:25:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beleef de lente Little Owl  (Read 26193 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 20-May-11, 07:58:34 AM »

Figures, the only video I didn't watch. Wow, she carried it out. Thanks Carla, that's what I get for not watching them all. Amazing how she knew! Saw the 5-10 video last week , just thought why does she keep knocking that when she leaves.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20-May-11, 09:05:41 PM »

First hatch today!  clap

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04-Jun-11, 09:21:11 AM »

Pigeons are at it again!!

Don't they learn?

http://www.beleefdelente.nl/steenuil 1st video on the right

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04-Jun-11, 10:00:37 AM »

Don't they learn?

On the 5/23 video, they had a vicious fight too!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05-Jun-11, 04:56:05 PM »

2 weeks old....look how big!

carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05-Jun-11, 06:06:13 PM »

Don't they learn?

On the 5/23 video, they had a vicious fight too!
I watch them every evening and it gives me the creeps.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06-Jun-11, 04:02:15 PM »

Another fight on 6/6 video!  Check out how cute the babies are now and those wings! 

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06-Jun-11, 04:37:01 PM »

Another fight on 6/6 video!  Check out how cute the babies are now and those wings! 

Sheesh!! The 2 Owlettes are so cute.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06-Jun-11, 04:49:49 PM »

Oh my goodness they are precious!  chick3 chick3 Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 25-Jun-11, 01:58:10 PM »

In the video of 6/25 , the pigeon got into a fight with the 2 Owlettes in the hallway chasing one of them completely out of the box!  Sad

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 25-Jun-11, 02:02:40 PM »

In the video of 6/25 , the pigeon got into a fight with the 2 Owlettes in the hallway chasing one of them completely out of the box!  Sad

OMG, how awful...dern pigeons!! Hope someone rescues the poor baby owl!! The pigeon was bringing nesting material back in. Do they ever learn??

Here's the translate: This morning while most of us are on a ear layers, one of the two cubs under the wings of the dove flew by outside. He got a few tricks of the wing the birds to handle and slipped out. The other was the young brood space. The dove came in as the two youngsters were in the porch and was determined to go to the nest. We now have a stone placed on the sloping shelf, making it less attractive to birds is to breed. Or they give up the breeding efforts, we will we have to wait, but they are very persistent this year. The chick that was hatched can very well save him now 36 days old, an average uitvliegleeftijd. No doubt he's somewhere in one of the trees in the yard or in the shed next door. The other young will not last much longer in coming. The clip will later today (or tomorrow) can be placed.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 25-Jun-11, 02:21:20 PM »

In the video of 6/25 , the pigeon got into a fight with the 2 Owlettes in the hallway chasing one of them completely out of the box!  Sad

OMG, how awful...dern pigeons!! Hope someone rescues the poor baby owl!! The pigeon was bringing nesting material back in. Do they ever learn??

Here's the translate: This morning while most of us are on a ear layers, one of the two cubs under the wings of the dove flew by outside. He got a few tricks of the wing the birds to handle and slipped out. The other was the young brood space. The dove came in as the two youngsters were in the porch and was determined
to go to the nest. We now have a stone placed on the sloping shelf, making it less attractive to birds is to breed. Or they give up the breeding efforts, we will we have to wait, but they are very persistent this year. The chick that was hatched can very well save him now 36 days old, an average uitvliegleeftijd. No doubt he's somewhere in one of the trees in the yard or in the shed next door. The other young will not last much longer in coming. The clip will later today (or tomorrow) can be placed.

On the 6/23 video, you see a man place something to deter the pigeons from nesting.  It's obvious they've got to change something next year-this is ridiculously stressful for both the Owls and Pigeons!

nycbird
Fledgling

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 25-Jun-11, 02:25:18 PM »

They need to make the box entry the same size as the nest entry so the pigeon can't get in.  Seems such a simple solution......can't imagine why they haven't done it.

nycbird
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 25-Jun-11, 02:34:02 PM »

They need to make the box entry the same size as the nest entry so the pigeon can't get in.  Seems such a simple solution......can't imagine why they haven't done it.

Maybe I'll write to them and suggest that nyc! Every year, the same thing with these pigeons.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 27-Jun-11, 05:14:38 PM »

He's gone!
Translated

Mixed feelings: satisfaction that he is so fine and flew out without any problems, but also a little: too bad, it's over. At one week, what I say months of passion comes to an abrupt end. We know that it's coming, but still. He will undoubtedly side with the oak to be flown. Possibly because he is greeted by his siblings left the nest earlier. For the parents it is so easy so now they simply a place to perform. In the coming weeks, they remain - in decreasing order, though - depending on their parents. They learn to fly fast enough, they all but caught himself a mouse, that's another story. There only concern the exercise of art.

We have a great season so far. On April 18 the first egg on 20 May the first young and now on June 27 last the young into the world. The next day we will look back at some highlights. And ... grab the pigeon finally their chance? Or have they deterred by the group board and stone. We still have a few days before the Friday the sky cams off. Who knows what else happens!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: