THE FORUM

30-Apr-24, 09:16:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Report From Banding Day  (Read 8127 times)
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« on: 10-Jun-10, 09:30:31 PM »

Lots of pictures and a couple of video clips from today's banding of Callidora and Jemison:
http://birdblog.marchlords.com/2010/06/new-bangles-for-calli-jemma.html
Jim

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/falconwatching/?p=525

This is an automated post.
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10-Jun-10, 10:50:36 PM »

Wonderful!!!!!!!!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-Jun-10, 10:55:14 PM »

Amazing photos, Jim!  Can we make your photo of Archer the photo of the day?

wave

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-Jun-10, 12:09:02 AM »

Your banding report with pictures and videos is very interesting.  notworthy

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-Jun-10, 05:25:14 AM »

Great pics Jim, I tried to leave a comment on your site but it timed out when I went to preview. That never happened before. Was that Joyce in Mark's office window? And the "cookie" of the day was? I hope the TS building peeps had a good 1st banding show.  clap

valhalla
« Reply #5 on: 11-Jun-10, 05:50:12 AM »

clap  Great report, Jim!  I liked the images of the various watchers - added a fun twist to the day.  Thanks!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-Jun-10, 07:34:36 AM »

Great pics Jim, I tried to leave a comment on your site but it timed out when I went to preview. That never happened before. Was that Joyce in Mark's office window? And the "cookie" of the day was? I hope the TS building peeps had a good 1st banding show.  clap

Yes Donna that was Joyce in the window. She said it was too close and the sky too gray for any good pictures. Like there are any bad pictures!! laugh

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-Jun-10, 07:37:21 AM »

clap   Jim, you always do a great job reporting and your photos speak for themselves!!    thanx

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 11-Jun-10, 07:43:06 AM »

Amazing photos, Jim!  Can we make your photo of Archer the photo of the day?

wave

Certainly.  That would be great!

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11-Jun-10, 07:46:09 AM »

Yes Donna that was Joyce in the window. She said it was too close and the sky too gray for any good pictures. Like there are any bad pictures!! laugh

Even when you guys say it's a bad pic, it's always a great pic!  devil

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11-Jun-10, 08:01:45 AM »

if it has a falcon in it, its a GREAT picture  wub2
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11-Jun-10, 08:20:13 AM »

clap   Jim, you always do a great job reporting and your photos speak for themselves!!    thanx
I second that thought!  Jim, your pictures and narrative are always a joy to view.  Thanks.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 11-Jun-10, 09:01:39 AM »

Someone should have been shooting video from that window, holding the camera fixed and having the falcons fly through the frame like the "speed" shot used in auto racing where the camera looks down the wall at the cars zipping by.
valhalla
« Reply #13 on: 11-Jun-10, 10:29:49 AM »

Someone should have been shooting video from that window, holding the camera fixed and having the falcons fly through the frame like the "speed" shot used in auto racing where the camera looks down the wall at the cars zipping by.

Now, That would have been cool! 
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11-Jun-10, 02:05:00 PM »

And the "cookie" of the day was? I hope the TS building peeps had a good 1st banding show. clap

Everyone knows I'm not a morning person...and would you believe I got up early and put 2 cookie trays in the oven.  They were yummy chocolate chip cookies full with decadent dark chocolate mini squares.  There were peeps all over: in the windows of the empty building across from TS, farther down in the old Aquaduct Bldg (now called Thompson-Reuters), South Avenue garage, the First Federal Bldg rooftop (old Changing Scenes), the Court bldg (Jim caught a photo of Carla P on the roof), and of course on the street looking up.  A lot more than I expected to see for a weekday, including classes of children too.

Sorry Shaky. In hindsight, if I had known that was the situation, I could have handled both my camera & video.  I didn't want to give up trying to take pictures when I didn't know anything about video.  Space at the TS window was also very limiting too, especially when we joined by the Rochester Business Journal photographer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: