THE FORUM

16-Oct-24, 02:46:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A tribute to animal kingdom fathers for Father's Day  (Read 10285 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 17-Jun-10, 10:12:36 AM »

Carol, it makes me sad when I think of Kaver.  Definitely, the top Peregrine dad role model!!

Okay, I know most people don't like the American Crow, but...

Role model: a 12-14 year old American Crow known as Droop-wing Noba

Reason: Last fall when the breeding female, mom, went down and one of the "kids" was "shot in the wing and unable to fly.  The dad, aka breeding male, took care of him.  The kid could not fly, so dad stayed near him and brought food for him.  This went on for almost a month until we were able to capture him.

I really like Crows!  So intelligent and wonderful family units.  They are quite incredible!

and I've learned so much from Suzanne and Don about Crows.   happy

Peregrines know no borders.....
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17-Jun-10, 10:32:42 AM »

Oh Carol, thank you!  Yes, they really have a wonderful family structure, with aunts and uncles and big brothers and big sisters all helping mom, dad and the new babies.
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17-Jun-10, 10:48:04 AM »

Role Model: Kaver, Tiercel, male Peregrine Falcon

Reason:  While female (Mariah) incubates the eggs, Kaver hunts to feed both he and Mariah.  When Mariah is not incubating, Kaver takes over.  Sometimes he doesn't want to stop.  Mariah stares at him and eventually he gets the idea...........

OK.  Who's next to continue the "Reason".   happy

Kaver: The best Falcon dad...a great protector...always on guard..fed kids more than needed...QTP2T...prey wrangler...carried more than his weight..and I miss him so much!  heart Happy Father's Day Kaver..(where ever you are)  crying

:heart:Another reason to honor Kaver:  without Kaver, there would be no Freedom, and without Freedom, there would be no Archer AND no babies this Father's Day!   These babies all began with  Kaver! 
Annette
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17-Jun-10, 10:54:09 AM »

heart Another reason to honor Kaver:  without Kaver, there would be no Freedom, and without Freedom, there would be no Archer AND no babies this Father's Day!   These babies all began with  Kaver!
That is so true.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17-Jun-10, 10:56:45 AM »

heart Another reason to honor Kaver:  without Kaver, there would be no Freedom, and without Freedom, there would be no Archer AND no babies this Father's Day!   These babies all began with  Kaver!
That is so true.

heart    good post    heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
gayle
Juvie

Like Count: 82

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18-Jun-10, 09:54:21 PM »

Here are the Dad thick-billed murre in the sea at the bottom of the cliff.

Gayle
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18-Jun-10, 10:00:07 PM »

Here are the Dad thick-billed murre in the sea at the bottom of the cliff.

Gayle

That's a rather nice pic gayle, thank you.  clap

gayle
Juvie

Like Count: 82

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18-Jun-10, 10:28:54 PM »

Try as I might, after reducing the size of the image, I am unable to post my photograph of the mottled Jacana so just look it up in wikipedia!!!

But as several others have mentioned, the best dad that we all knew was Kaver!
Gayle
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19-Jun-10, 06:41:03 AM »

Try as I might, after reducing the size of the image, I am unable to post my photograph of the mottled Jacana so just look it up in wikipedia!!!

But as several others have mentioned, the best dad that we all knew was Kaver!
Gayle

Indeed, I  heart him and as a matter of fact, I had a dream about him last night. I have suet feeders and I heard this commotion outside. I went to look out the window and there on a branch above the feeder, was Kaver. It was so real and when I woke up, I was at my bedroom window. Most people won't share their dreams for fear of  stupid what others will say but I have some dillies and some of mine could land me in the  silly assylum. Ask Janet!!  secret2 I will say though, most of my dreams are about animals. I have to stop telling hubby about them, he's ready to put me away.  Embarrassed   Wink

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: