THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 09:28:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 04 july  (Read 5676 times)
Nic1Pic
Juvie

Like Count: 43

View Profile
« on: 04-Jul-10, 12:21:39 AM »

Happy Fourth of July to all of you. You do a great job for saving Jemison. Bravo. Nicole.  clap
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04-Jul-10, 06:35:30 AM »

Independence Day, commonly known as July 4th or the Fourth of July, commemorates the Continental Congress’ adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. The document, primarily written by Thomas Jefferson, served as a formal announcement that the 13 American colonies were no longer part of the British Empire and would henceforth be free and independent states. Regarded as the birthday of the United States of America, the day is typically celebrated with parades, fireworks, ceremonies, barbecues and family gatherings.

Happy 4th all!

valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 04-Jul-10, 06:48:59 AM »

This Independence Day let us remember: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,...” From the United States Declaration of Independence.  I'm one of those wonks that carry a copy of the Declaration and the US Constitution with me at all times.   Wink

For those interested, I strongly recommend reading "1776" by David McCullough (also wrote the Great Bridge about the Brooklyn Bridge), an informative read in the Michner-style, but a bit more free-flowing.  

Happy Independence Day and may we continue to "hold these truths to be self-evident"!
« Last Edit: 04-Jul-10, 11:24:11 AM by Janet » Logged
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-Jul-10, 09:37:51 AM »

Happy Birthday USA!!!  We love you. heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04-Jul-10, 11:00:41 AM »

Happy 4th of July!
 heart  heart  heart   heart   heart

Thank you to our Fore Fathers for the dream and our Vets for keeping it true  clap
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: