THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 10:41:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Melting" Hydrangea Flowers  (Read 10547 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 31-Jul-10, 11:38:59 PM »

I have a Limelight® hydrangea, that has finally grown up.  It's about 6' tall and 5' wide, gets about an hour of early morning sun, and is COVERED with blooms.  It's magnificent  happy
Carol
WV

Sounds lovely Carol.  clap

valhalla
« Reply #16 on: 01-Aug-10, 07:16:58 AM »

Funny thing about Hydrangeas, I was going down the highway today and noticed all these beach umbrellas in front of this house. They had 1 umbrella over each of the 4 Hydrangeas to keep the sun from "melting" the flowers. Looked funny but I'm sure it works. (There ya go Janet, the answer to your problem!).  wave umbrella2

Actually, the shading option has been on my list of things to do.  The garden centers have netting that is designed to provide just enought shade.  I'm convinced that it was the never-ending, life-sucking, heat that beat them up.  I am planning to provide umbrella shade next season once we get the pool in.  I'm guessing it was the heat - I just replaced all of my hanging baskets on the porch - I wasn't the only one, as Greenstreet's had just gotten a new load in.  Thanks for looking out for me, Donna!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01-Aug-10, 07:27:06 AM »

Funny thing about Hydrangeas, I was going down the highway today and noticed all these beach umbrellas in front of this house. They had 1 umbrella over each of the 4 Hydrangeas to keep the sun from "melting" the flowers. Looked funny but I'm sure it works. (There ya go Janet, the answer to your problem!).  wave umbrella2

Actually, the shading option has been on my list of things to do.  The garden centers have netting that is designed to provide just enought shade.  I'm convinced that it was the never-ending, life-sucking, heat that beat them up.  I am planning to provide umbrella shade next season once we get the pool in.  I'm guessing it was the heat - I just replaced all of my hanging baskets on the porch - I wasn't the only one, as Greenstreet's had just gotten a new load in.  Thanks for looking out for me, Donna!

Of course Janet

valhalla
« Reply #18 on: 19-Jun-12, 01:08:24 PM »

I have an update:  Some type of boring wasp (tiny) is the culprit and leaving eggs in the wood.  My bug guy is investigating and I wondered if any of you have any ideas/suggestions?  Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: