THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 05:48:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It is So Hot ....  (Read 8055 times)
valhalla
« Reply #15 on: 06-Jul-10, 07:29:17 PM »

Kidding aside, today is already an altert day here in the DC region, please remember to keep yourselves hydrated and check on your senior neighbors and parents.  Rich is planning "lite" days all week.  AND remember, when it finally does rain, the roads are going to be nice and oily from the lack of rain. 

Be careful out there, please?

I'm having to get up in the mornings to get my running in before the heat (and bad air) builds too much...and I am NOT a morning person...makes for one cranky Patti!

Patti, if it makes you feel a little bit better, it is ugly out there at 4 AM!  Remember, we have that humidity thing on the Bay, which isn't the same as Louisville humidity.  There IS Good news in this!!!  My hair is loving the moisture!  Ok, I'm reaching here, but I'm looking for that silver lining.  Please be carefull Patti because it is ugly even before the sun comes up. 
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 06-Jul-10, 07:39:10 PM »

Kidding aside, today is already an altert day here in the DC region, please remember to keep yourselves hydrated and check on your senior neighbors and parents.  Rich is planning "lite" days all week.  AND remember, when it finally does rain, the roads are going to be nice and oily from the lack of rain. 

I'm having to get up in the mornings to get my running in before the heat (and bad air) builds too much...and I am NOT a morning person...makes for one cranky Patti!

Patti, if it makes you feel a little bit better, it is ugly out there at 4 AM!  Remember, we have that humidity thing on the Bay, which isn't the same as Louisville humidity.  There IS Good news in this!!!  My hair is loving the moisture!  Ok, I'm reaching here, but I'm looking for that silver lining.  Please be carefull Patti because it is ugly even before the sun comes up. 

I think you have it a little hotter there...our highs this week are only in the mid to upper 90's.  The humidity is rather nasty, but tomorrow morning by the time I finish my run at 8:00 am, it will "only" be 78 with a heat index of 86 (69% humidity).  That won't be fun, but I have a high-tolerance for heat, and it's only a short run, so I should be fine.  Last weekend when I got in a nine-mile run I got up at 6:00 am to do it.   Tongue
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06-Jul-10, 07:47:14 PM »

I think you have it a little hotter there...our highs this week are only in the mid to upper 90's.  The humidity is rather nasty, but tomorrow morning by the time I finish my run at 8:00 am, it will "only" be 78 with a heat index of 86 (69% humidity).  That won't be fun, but I have a high-tolerance for heat, and it's only a short run, so I should be fine.  Last weekend when I got in a nine-mile run I got up at 6:00 am to do it.   Tongue

OMG Patti! My feat is walking from my car to work.  I was thinking today how a few years ago, I went to WAshington, DC (to see Tai Shan) and I was really out of sorts with the heat and humidity.  I have zero tolerance!  Good for you for running!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
valhalla
« Reply #18 on: 06-Jul-10, 08:00:46 PM »

Man!  I'm sitting in my office with my sandels off and my feet are swelling!  Ugly, ugly conditions on the bay, but Louisville (still one of my favorite cities) sounds much better by comparision.
Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06-Jul-10, 10:17:08 PM »

Last weekend when I got in a nine-mile run I got up at 6:00 am to do it.   Tongue

That'll be the day, when *I* get up at oh dark thirty to go out and run  crazy
Carol
in toasty WV, where the thermometer on the shady side of my house said 105° this afternoon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: