THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 05:46:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It is So Hot ....  (Read 8053 times)
valhalla
« on: 06-Jul-10, 06:25:40 AM »

Ok, I know that Donna will not agree with this, but even 103 and 104 temps are better than 3 feet of white stuff coming out of the sky!

Kidding aside, today is already an altert day here in the DC region, please remember to keep yourselves hydrated and check on your senior neighbors and parents.  Rich is planning "lite" days all week.  AND remember, when it finally does rain, the roads are going to be nice and oily from the lack of rain. 

Be careful out there, please?
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06-Jul-10, 07:12:33 AM »

Ok, I know that Donna will not agree with this, but even 103 and 104 temps are better than 3 feet of white stuff coming out of the sky!

Kidding aside, today is already an altert day here in the DC region, please remember to keep yourselves hydrated and check on your senior neighbors and parents.  Rich is planning "lite" days all week.  AND remember, when it finally does rain, the roads are going to be nice and oily from the lack of rain. 

Your right....Snow would be great right now. Also, don't forget your backyard birds. Even if you don't have a birdbath, put out a tin or any shallow platter with some water in it. They will appreciate it. I saw too many yesterday panting, looking for a quick drink.  Sad

valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 06-Jul-10, 07:29:45 AM »

Also, don't forget your backyard birds. Even if you don't have a birdbath, put out a tin or any shallow platter with some water in it. They will appreciate it. I saw too many yesterday panting, looking for a quick drink.  Sad

We are changing the water several times during the day (also keep the bugs from laying eggs in the water).
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-Jul-10, 07:48:41 AM »

Also, don't forget your backyard birds. Even if you don't have a birdbath, put out a tin or any shallow platter with some water in it. They will appreciate it. I saw too many yesterday panting, looking for a quick drink.  Sad

We are changing the water several times during the day (also keep the bugs from laying eggs in the water).

I wish they could change the pool water as often, feels like bath water. Maybe a few bags of ICE.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-Jul-10, 11:10:02 AM »

Also, don't forget your backyard birds. Even if you don't have a birdbath, put out a tin or any shallow platter with some water in it. They will appreciate it. I saw too many yesterday panting, looking for a quick drink.  Sad

I wish they could change the pool water as often, feels like bath water. Maybe a few bags of ICE.

goodone ICE! natale3 clap   You're always thinking! rofl
« Last Edit: 06-Jul-10, 11:59:54 AM by Shaky » Logged

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-Jul-10, 11:14:42 AM »

natale3     Hey what's wrong with snow, it's just frozen rain which I know you could use right about now!   silly

-John Burroughs
valhalla
« Reply #6 on: 06-Jul-10, 11:22:05 AM »

If you can get a block of ice (5 - 10 lbs, maybe 25) it will help.  Toss that bad boy it the water and watch it melt!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06-Jul-10, 11:41:31 AM »

If you can get a block of ice (5 - 10 lbs, maybe 25) it will help.  Toss that bad boy it the water and watch it melt!

Gee, do they still deliver them big blocks of ice? 

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06-Jul-10, 11:45:42 AM »

Makes me think of the 3 Stooges!  Carrying the ice up the stairs. hahaha

-John Burroughs
valhalla
« Reply #9 on: 06-Jul-10, 11:58:31 AM »

No  laugh  Go to the ShopRite and the ice-machine (the larger stores will have the blocks).  Marina always do for keeping the coolers and the fish cold.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06-Jul-10, 12:42:24 PM »

No  laugh  Go to the ShopRite and the ice-machine (the larger stores will have the blocks).  Marina always do for keeping the coolers and the fish cold.

98 out right now..pool 88  YIKES....give me a blizzard!

valhalla
« Reply #11 on: 06-Jul-10, 12:50:32 PM »

Be careful out there, my friend.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06-Jul-10, 01:28:38 PM »

Be careful out there, my friend.

Yeah stay out of the heat! harhar

-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06-Jul-10, 02:54:19 PM »

98 out right now..pool 88  YIKES....give me a blizzard!

Our pool water was 89 yesterday-had to turn solar panels off! 

Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 06-Jul-10, 07:23:48 PM »

I'm having to get up in the mornings to get my running in before the heat (and bad air) builds too much...and I am NOT a morning person...makes for one cranky Patti!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: