THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 06:48:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jemison Headed to Rehab  (Read 11353 times)
falconsforever129
Juvie

Like Count: 37

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 18-Jul-10, 01:52:16 PM »

Yes, please keep us informed....My friends and I are all concerned about this sweet little boy!  heart
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18-Jul-10, 10:59:57 PM »

Thanks Carol, yes please any news no matter how small. I wonder if he is in a flight cage and actually doing any flying.  Wink
nanguz
Fluffball

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11-Aug-10, 07:48:10 AM »

I'm just wondering how Jemison is going to learn how to hunt without anyone being around to teach her once all the others head elsewhere for the winter.
Phyllis
Small Clutch

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11-Aug-10, 08:20:13 AM »

Am so sorry to read this morning that Jemison will not be returning to Rochester when she is finally released from rehab - they're afraid Archer and Beauty won't recognize her and consider her an intruder - but I'm wondering without her parents to teach her things, how will she do in a strange area?  How will she know what's safe and what isn't?  Am glad she is recovering well tho.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11-Aug-10, 09:23:44 AM »

This is the reply I posted on the other thread

I read the update on J.  Will she be able to learn how to fend for herself without the help of her parents?  How sad to know such a wonderful start came to such a unfavorable ending.  I hope she can be free some day.  She sure did get the hang of flying early and she was sooooo very good at it.
It breaks my heart.

Sue-most of what Jemison needs to know to survive is actually instinct.  When Jemison was first injured, Paul Hamilton posted a research article showing that injured/rehabbed/released juvies do just as well as their non-injured cohorts in the long term.  I have faith Jemison will do just fine!

And just to add to that-another point that Alison posted on the Imprints comments-when peregrine falcons were being reintroduced after they were almost extinct, the birds were hatched in captivity by falconers then released from hack boxes.  None of those pioneer birds had parents to teach them anything, yet they survived and thrived and are the ancestors of the peregrines we worry so much about today.  Jemison will be fine!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: