THE FORUM

20-Sep-24, 11:16:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watchers weekend reports  (Read 41027 times)
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 17-Jul-10, 09:46:12 PM »

How awesome Colleen!  Tonight she stooped on a duck!  A miss but a great stoop!  I hope Jemison recovers soon!! It's so glad A/B/C are active- we were worried earlier this week cause they just lounged on the Frontier Tower!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18-Jul-10, 06:27:00 AM »

Maybe they were resting so they could put on an airshow for you watchers this weekend.  Grin
falconsforever129
Juvie

Like Count: 37

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18-Jul-10, 08:36:15 AM »

Oh I am glad to hear she is doing so well at growing up, but I am sure that she misses her brother too :-(  I think often about our little boy and hope he isn't lonely in rehab wondering why he is so far away from his family...I worry too that he is missing out on his "life training" and when he is released how will he learn to hunt and survive without the valuable lessons that Callidora leaned from her parents.....
I know that A & B visit the nest box for territorial reasons but the impractical side of me likes to believe that they are looking for their little boy  ??? and will be waiting for him when he is released for a joyous reunion...
Come on little brave baby boy...hurry up and get better...We want to see you happy again.
 falcon2
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18-Jul-10, 07:16:35 PM »

Just a quick note that I'm home safe & sound.  Need to get my arms convinced I'm not driving any more before I can post more...

Great weekend-thanks to everyone!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
~Ruth
Juvie

Like Count: 19

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18-Jul-10, 07:41:47 PM »

glad you're back safe and sound, was good you could be here
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 18-Jul-10, 08:03:33 PM »

Loved my pilgrimage to falcon Mecca.  It was good to see a fledgling in Rochester again.  I just knew   Kid Calli would wait for us to get there to show off her newly acquired flying skills.

I, too, made it back home. Had to veer off the NYS Thruway after Kingston.  Pictures are coming.  And the tattoos are still on!  Hubby took a picture of one for the falcon record.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
ginha
Fledgling

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18-Jul-10, 08:15:00 PM »

Here are the pictures I took Saturday. a FUN time was had by all thumbsup I only got 2 shots of a Falcon. I leave that to the Watchers with the big lenses.

Glad you are home safe Ei & Bonnie clap

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=h8pt95f.7csaxi0z&x=1&y=-kmxj1k&localeid=en_US

http://tinyurl.com/3529366

ginha
Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18-Jul-10, 08:26:12 PM »

Had a fantastic time Sat. & it was great to meet all the watchers. yahoo Glad you  are home safe.

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 18-Jul-10, 08:48:41 PM »

thanks, all, for the reports, and thanks, ginha, for the album!!! I got to see everyone I missed this year!  Looks like a great time was had...
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18-Jul-10, 09:10:13 PM »

One quick story & picture before I crash (339 pictures and quite a few of them actually have falcons in them! Be a few days before I sort through it all...)

When I left the hotel this morning I saw Beauty on the SE corner of Changing scenes top I beam.  Took a couple of pictures & went on my merry way to the Broad St. Bridge and met up with Don, Suzanne & Dana.  Don asked if I had seen Archer on Changing Scenes.  I said, no, it's Beauty.  He said, no, it's Archer-here's his picture.  I said I stand corrected.  He said they had switched, so I figured I had just missed it while I was walking over.  Until I looked at my pictures...

crazy  Good night everyone!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Colleen T
Fledgling

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18-Jul-10, 09:29:01 PM »

I too made it home safe and sound (with a very long drive through the Berkshires).  I had a great time, loved seeing everyone again and meeting new people.  Missed some of the flights yesterday, but saw some great family flying this morning and of course, my special Callidora show yesterday morning!  Many memories!

I just want to say thank you to all the locals.  Every year you roll out the red carpet and are the best hosts.  But after everything you do daily for the falcons and for us by posting your reports, your fabulous pictures, maps, not to mention all the work on the website and cameras...(I could go on for days!), I feel like we should be hosting you.  Instead you feed us, give us buttons, maps, tags, notepaper... and all we do is show up.  Thank you isn't enough.  You are a very special community, welcoming and generous.   Thank you! 
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 268

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18-Jul-10, 09:47:02 PM »

Thanks for a great time!  Between the amazing hospitality of the local Watchers, the great city of Rochester, and the falcons, all three of us had a wonderful time.  Fireworks, breakfast, companionship, and falcons -- that's all one really needs.

I've got about a half hour of videotape to process.  That;s going to take a while.  I also have a few still pictures of Beauty and Archer on the Old Changing Scenes restaurant that I can post now.  There is much mention on rfalconcam of the "I-beams" on Changing Scenes.  Our room at the Radisson was a great place to view Changing Scenes, so here are the I-beams, complete with falcons.

I also added a shot of the nestbox from our room.  This is what the falcons see as they fly to the box.  After this weekend, I have a much better feel for the world of the Rochester Peregrines.  I hope that my edited videos will help people who were unable to attend to get a similar understanding.

A big, "Thank You" to all the Watchers-- both local out-of-town -- who made this weekend so special.

Paul
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18-Jul-10, 09:56:38 PM »

It was so great to see everyone!!!  So glad we have these weekends!  Glad you all made it home safe! 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18-Jul-10, 10:05:02 PM »

Thank you all for coming to Rochester to visit with Archer, Beauty and Callidora!  New birds and a new place to get acquainted with.  It was so nice seeing old and new friends that share our love of these magnificent creatures.  You all make this such a warm and friendly place to visit.

Thanks for letting us know that you've arrived home safely.  I hope that you'll all be able to return next year.   wave

Take care,
Carol P.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18-Jul-10, 10:07:32 PM »

Bob and I also made it home safe and sound!!  Our thanks to all the Rochester people for the hospitality that was shown to all of us!  As always we had a great time.  It was great to see everyone from out of town again.  Great people-good food-wonderful time!! And don't forget the wonderful Falcon's who put on a great flying show for us.

Lynne and Bob in New Hampshire

Lynne in New Hampshire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: