THE FORUM

07-Oct-24, 05:25:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracys Creek, MD Osprey  (Read 2811 times)
valhalla
« on: 17-Jul-10, 08:07:32 PM »

http://classic.kodakgallery.com/valhallaviews/birds/july_2010_osprey

I grabbed the Nikon and long lens last night on our way to dinner, as I know the osprey are fledging. Lots of kids still remain in all of the nests, but imagine my delight when I found this couple in Bald Bart's tree! Male on left, Female with her visible necklace is on the right. Both are mature - yellow eyes. When leaving I saw one of the kids a few branches above and to the right. Very hot - both had their mouths open and tongues are visible. It was good to watch them for a bit!

FYI, Paul - read your Kodak comment - no comparrison to NM (I like and can buy in the store) and Barboursville and Keswick - do the Charlottesville trip  Wink
Annette
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 18-Jul-10, 12:44:08 AM »

These osprey pictures are beautiful.

Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 18-Jul-10, 01:55:59 AM »

Beautiful pictures, as usual.  Thanks for sharing...
Patti
dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 18-Jul-10, 03:03:06 AM »

especially #s 7-11. Terrific!! Thanks, Janet. I've never watched osprey, so it's new to me.
valhalla
« Reply #4 on: 18-Jul-10, 06:39:40 AM »

Thanks - Osprey are fun to watch because they have these great goofy expressions and (to me) are like Jack Russells - always in motion.  You never know when they are going to leap off a platform or a tree branch (always an especially great sign when they are in the trees, as there is the hope that a natural nest will be built) and go fishing.  Then comes the build up - will the osprey catch the fish, will the fish be too big and drag the bird down, will the osprey come out of the water looking like a wet pile of feathers?  And of course, when will they sing their song  clap
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: