THE FORUM

21-Sep-24, 03:54:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Callidora question  (Read 33041 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 02-Aug-10, 09:18:53 AM »

Logged on this morning to get the news of Callidora - when was she last seen? Keeping my fingers crossed! And (sorry if I missed this...) how is Jemison doing?

Thanks, Gang!

Bobbie

Hi Bobbie, Callidora has not been seen since Sat at 2:30, she was on Mercury whining. Jemison is in a flight cage by now practicing flying. I think it was for 2 weeks, 1 week left if I'm correct. Hoping to hear soon how she is doing with that. Miss them both.

We were in Rochester yesterday and while watching Archer on OCSR, we asked Dana if she thought Jemison was in a flight cage because the post on Imprints said that she was still healing.  She thought that she wasn't in one yet but probably in a smaller cage which allows her to stretch her wings only. Also, I hope and pray that Callidora is safe in her travels wherever she may go.  wub2

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02-Aug-10, 09:35:44 AM »

You are correct Kris.  So sorry we didn't hang around with you and Bill yesterday.  Everyone was in high-Watch mode, looking for Callidora.   foxbinocs

Peregrines know no borders.....
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02-Aug-10, 09:59:30 AM »

Oops! Forgot to say - thanks, Kris, for the Jemison update. Let's hear it for some serious flapping!
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02-Aug-10, 10:27:12 AM »

You are correct Kris.  So sorry we didn't hang around with you and Bill yesterday.  Everyone was in high-Watch mode, looking for Callidora.   foxbinocs

Kris, that goes for Don and me!!  We were so focussed on locating Callidora yesterday, and when the call came to bring the scope...we just took off!  My apologies.  We should have had you and Bill follow us to the comm. tower! 

Suzanne
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 268

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02-Aug-10, 10:28:07 AM »

I did a little bit of research.  In 2008, Quest fledged on June 21 -- just one week earlier in the year than Callidora did.  Exactly 40 days later, she was in Duanesburg, NY, on her way to Cape Cod.  So if Callidora follows Quest's schedule, she will be leaving for good sometime this week.  

It's sad for me to see the falcon season end, but it's a good feeling to know that one more falcon has been reared to independance.

Paul
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02-Aug-10, 10:30:38 AM »

Paul, thanks for the info!  Don and I were discussing that this morning.  Always good to have facts, though.

Suzanne 
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02-Aug-10, 10:31:18 AM »

Kris, that goes for Don and me!!  We were so focussed on locating Callidora yesterday, and when the call came to bring the scope...we just took off!  My apologies.  We should have had you and Bill follow us to the comm. tower! 

Suzanne

That's OK.  We tried to follow but not knowing where we were going, ended up in the Corn Hill mess and went home.

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 02-Aug-10, 10:55:36 AM »

I did a little bit of research.  In 2008, Quest fledged on June 21 -- just one week earlier in the year than Callidora did.  Exactly 40 days later, she was in Duanesburg, NY, on her way to Cape Cod.  So if Callidora follows Quest's schedule, she will be leaving for good sometime this week.  

It's sad for me to see the falcon season end, but it's a good feeling to know that one more falcon has been reared to independance.

Paul

Isn't that interesting! Thanks, Paul. Now we know even more why "peregrine" is such a good name for these wanderers.
valhalla
« Reply #38 on: 02-Aug-10, 10:56:50 AM »

Paul

Good Info, Paul.  thanx  I think it is amazing and wonderful that one day we wake up and realize that the kids are gone and begining their wandering falcon routine.  It's all good.  I'm not surprised the Callidora left "quickly" as I will never forget the way she explosively cracked her shell to enter this world and begin her adventures. 
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02-Aug-10, 11:01:35 AM »

Paul

Good Info, Paul.  thanx  I think it is amazing and wonderful that one day we wake up and realize that the kids are gone and begining their wandering falcon routine.  It's all good.  I'm not surprised the Callidora left "quickly" as I will never forget the way she explosively cracked her shell to enter this world and begin her adventures. 

This makes me think of something that I somehow started saying when my nieces and nephews were doing some serious wing-flapping, wanting to get out of the nest as soon as they could. And all I could think of was a bird analogy: "You teach them to fly, then you pray to God that they don't crash into a window."
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02-Aug-10, 12:54:31 PM »

Suzanne

My apologies also. I didn't realize you were there until after the fact. wave   MAK

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02-Aug-10, 02:05:59 PM »

Suzanne

My apologies also. I didn't realize you were there until after the fact. wave   MAK

That's alright.  We realize that you were all concentrating on finding Callidora.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02-Aug-10, 02:46:49 PM »

:wave:You can do it Braveheart!  It's painful but it's sooooo worth it.  Alot of us watchers have medical issues. I look at it as I can sit home and be in pain or I can do something useful. Pain is pain.  2thumbsup

Thanks MAK - I know it is & I have other medical issues as well but I do very physical work all week & I need to find out if I  can continue to do it or if I have to stop - Doc say I have a slipped disc & it keeps going out from working. I can take the pain as long as I'm enjoying myself. Thanks for your support  happy

wave  I never had a slipped disc but I've had a few herniated discs.  Hopefully you'll be good to go for next years watch!   thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 02-Aug-10, 03:25:18 PM »

Paul

I'm also thinking that she's probably moving farther out, possibly even striking out on her own.  Given the later hatching for this year's brood, I'm not surprised that the watchers haven't spotted Callidora for a couple of days.  The juveniles usually get scarce at about this stage in their development...

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 02-Aug-10, 03:27:12 PM »

I never had a slipped disc but I've had a few herniated discs.  Hopefully you'll be good to go for next years watch! 

Yeah but considering all that, ya put in a good 15 hours yesterday.  2thumbsup That would so be me if I lived there. Told ya, I'd pitch a tent.  stupid Well, it's been over 48 hours since Callidora was seen last. I have a feeling she's on her way to .....where ever she want's. I hope I'm wrong and she went on a fly-a-bout and will be back soon. "Callidora, where ever you are, please make it so someone can read your bands." Seems like yesterday, she was an egg!   hatch1 and now she's all grown up!  crying

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: