THE FORUM

21-Sep-24, 04:45:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much would you pay to be the Rfalconcam cameraman?  (Read 5403 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« on: 13-Aug-10, 08:59:04 AM »

As many of you know, Camera 1 can be panned left and right, tilted up and down (mostly down), and zoomed in and out. One of the things we may do next year is to let online falcon watchers control the camera.  People would be able to reserve a block of time at the controls in exchange for a small donation.

To make it fair to everyone, we would charge by the minute and set a cap on the number of minutes so everyone who wanted a a turn at the controls could have one.

What do you as potential users think about this? Would you use it? What do you think is a fair price?

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 13-Aug-10, 09:38:18 AM »

How much would you pay me NOT to do it??
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 13-Aug-10, 09:50:20 AM »

Some examples of preset camera angles for quick pointing:

valhalla
« Reply #3 on: 13-Aug-10, 10:55:01 AM »

I think this is a great idea for raising $$$.  Perhaps have an off-season practice week to take a test drive or practice swings.  You could also set up gift sessions.
valhalla
« Reply #4 on: 13-Aug-10, 10:59:50 AM »

For comparable "short costs" - I pay $1.00 per minute for massage therapy ($30.00 for 30 minutes), 8 laps around RIR in a NASCAR cost $385.00 (about 5 minutes of actual driving and worth every penny).

I think a buck per minute is reasonable, but I'm in the DC area, which could impact my view of costs.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13-Aug-10, 11:19:55 AM »

I think a buck per minute is good. Maybe a deal like $50 for an hour. Of course some of us fanatics might go broke!  laugh

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
~Ruth
Juvie

Like Count: 19

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13-Aug-10, 11:25:21 AM »

Some what ifs....Would this extra use wear it out faster?  What if You wanted to check something special and someone else had that time slot?  As sometimes happens, what if it got "stuck" during the payees time slot?
valhalla
« Reply #7 on: 13-Aug-10, 11:39:15 AM »

I think a buck per minute is good. Maybe a deal like $50 for an hour. Of course some of us fanatics might go broke!  :laugh

I like it!   clap

As for breakage or other needs, I suggest to report it and you'd get a refund or another time or a credit for a future time.  I'd think that the camera sticking would be pretty obvious pretty quickly, however.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13-Aug-10, 12:06:33 PM »

A buck a minute sounds good but I'd do 15 minute intervals. An hour is quite long, although me myself could do it all day.  devil

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 13-Aug-10, 01:18:00 PM »

Some what ifs....Would this extra use wear it out faster?  What if You wanted to check something special and someone else had that time slot?  As sometimes happens, what if it got "stuck" during the payees time slot?

The system could be configured to limit use to a reasonable amount.

A refund would be issued if the time slot became unavailable.

The sticking issue would be fixed before reservations are accepted. This probably would have already been in place if we hadn't run into problems with the camera this season.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: