THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:57:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A message  (Read 4927 times)
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« on: 15-Aug-10, 08:56:26 AM »

Today I got this message

"Due to the ongoing fund and unprotected security this is to inform you  that you
have exceeded your webmail quota limit of 325MB and you need to increase your
Webmail quota limit because in less than 48 hours your webmail will be  
disable.
Increase your email quota limit and continue to use your webmail account.

To increase your webmail quota limit to 2.2GB, click the below link:

[link removed]

Thank you for your understanding
Copyright©Academia Sinica 2010 Webmail Centre Helpdest Support."

Is this a fake?  ???
« Last Edit: 16-Aug-10, 10:25:45 PM by Shaky » Logged

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15-Aug-10, 09:14:11 AM »

Today I got this message

"Due to the ongoing fund and unprotected security this is to inform you  that you
have exceeded your webmail quota limit of 325MB and you need to increase your
Webmail quota limit because in less than 48 hours your webmail will be  
disable.
Increase your email quota limit and continue to use your webmail account.

To increase your webmail quota limit to 2.2GB, click the below link:

(Link Removed)

Thank you for your understanding
Copyright©Academia Sinica 2010 Webmail Centre Helpdest Support."

Is this a fake?  ???

I believe it is spam Annette...Spikeflow flowlist is a lottery thing in the UK. Don't click on it.
« Last Edit: 17-Aug-10, 10:29:42 AM by Carol P. » Logged

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-Aug-10, 09:56:19 AM »

Absolutely, Annette! DO NOT OPEN THAT!!! Consign it to the Trash with all haste! It came in as Junk, right? Even things that look bona-fide are just plain rubbish. I think I have received this message recently too. And we keep getting some purportedly from our phone company - NOT! - telling us to update our data... I think I am right in saying that the true bank, phone company etc. would never send such an email. I am not savvy about much when it comes to the web, but I have learned to recognise this type of thing. So - better safe than sorry, Girlfriend! Dump it!!

(Also... check the English: Webmail is sometimes "webmail" and sometimes "Webmail". Also, it says "...your webmail will be disable" instead of "disabled". And "click the below link" - not "the link below". Dubious use of the language is always a giveaway!)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-Aug-10, 10:02:11 AM »

Absolutely, Annette! DO NOT OPEN THAT!!! Consign it to the Trash with all haste! It came in as Junk, right? Even things that look bona-fide are just plain rubbish. I think I have received this message recently too. And we keep getting some purportedly from our phone company - NOT! - telling us to update our data... I think I am right in saying that the true bank, phone company etc. would never send such an email. I am not savvy about much when it comes to the web, but I have learned to recognise this type of thing. So - better safe than sorry, Girlfriend! Dump it!!

(Also... check the English: Webmail is sometimes "webmail" and sometimes "Webmail". Also, it says "...your webmail will be disable" instead of "disabled". And "click the below link" - not "the link below". Dubious use of the language is always a giveaway!)

Very good Bobbie, well said.  clap

Lou
Juvie

Like Count: 130

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 16-Aug-10, 08:05:15 PM »

If true, Annette-you might consider modifying your post to eliminate the link - just to eliminate the possibility of someone in this forum accidentally clicking on it and getting crap on their computers. I believe the author can modify their own message after posting it.

Lou
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-Aug-10, 08:08:44 PM »

If true, Annette-you might consider modifying your post to eliminate the link - just to eliminate the possibility of someone in this forum accidentally clicking on it and getting crap on their computers. I believe the author can modify their own message after posting it.

Lou

I agree Lou, when I saw the link, I took a few words out of it and looked it up. It was some kind of spam scam lottery. Definitely a FAKE!! Spikeflow, Flowlist.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 16-Aug-10, 10:26:38 PM »

I removed it.
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-Aug-10, 07:40:34 AM »

Thank you Shaky  wave
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-Aug-10, 10:30:55 AM »

I removed it.

I removed the 2nd time the link was posted.  All gone!

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: