THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 04:13:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I finally got a picture of one of the mt.hope juvie red-tails  (Read 5013 times)
nanguz
Fluffball

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« on: 14-Aug-09, 09:07:46 AM »

Now that the babies are grown up they are very hard to find. I saw them soaring in the sky, I have heard them sceaming but I really haven't seen much of them. Yesterday the baby apparently got a bunny. He was interupted by people walking thier dogs and hung around sceaming at them from the tree tops. Here he is.

Some of the other resident birds

A really pathetic looking baby crow

flicker

juvie robin

snowy egret on the river

valhalla
« Reply #1 on: 14-Aug-09, 09:32:11 AM »

Oh, this juvie is a beauty!   clap  Thank you so much for your RTH efforts this year, as I not only enjoyed them, but your RTH filled the missing gap from my Osprey (I couldn't watch them, as it would have hurt too much and prompted sniping at Hubby). 
nanguz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-Aug-09, 10:57:27 AM »

Did something bad happen to the osprey this year? I have been real busy and a little out of the loop
valhalla
« Reply #3 on: 14-Aug-09, 11:05:44 AM »

Did something bad happen to the osprey this year? I have been real busy and a little out of the loop

No, the osprey are fine - all nests appeared to have had multiple kids.  We bought a land based home off the water (I'm still whining about selling Valhalla), which is a nice house, but it doesn't have osprey (Bald Eagles are in the neighborhood, which helped in the decision to buy it).  I hope to hang out with the osprey next year, but it hurt to much to listen to them sing and not be around all the time.  Your hawks and your efforts were real gifts and I appreciated every image!
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-Aug-09, 03:00:53 PM »

Nice pictures!!!!  I live off mt hope and I have noticed more red tails this year!  So nice to have them!  I have noticed crows with bad "hair" days!  Must have had some encounters!  Smiley

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Lou
Juvie

Like Count: 130

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 14-Aug-09, 08:50:52 PM »

Nice pictures, Nan. I especially like the Flicker and Egret pics

Lou
nanguz
Fluffball