THE FORUM

01-May-24, 04:17:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cat rescued - but the circumstances are unusual...  (Read 4623 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 24-Aug-10, 09:26:46 AM »

RSPCA to interview Coventry cat CCTV woman

A woman featured in CCTV footage putting a cat in a bin in Coventry has been identified. The RSPCA are leading an investigation into the incident.

West Midlands Police are supporting the investigation and have urged the public to leave the matter to the authorities.

This should be the video link... I am not sure, tho, as my computer sometimes has seizures...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11071277

The thing is, tho - this film does not show your average bozo, but a middle-aged, middle-class woman to be responsible for dumping the cat. Books? Covers?!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 24-Aug-10, 10:27:17 AM »

What beautiful markings on Lola! As for the woman... Angry tickedoff frustrated bang head grumble

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-Aug-10, 10:34:34 AM »

This woman is very bad.  bang head  nono  tickedoff

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-Aug-10, 10:44:16 AM »

What beautiful markings on Lola! As for the woman... Angry tickedoff frustrated bang head grumble

Ya think?! No kidding... when the film came up on the TV, I was thinking it was the woman who was rescuing the cat! She is now, obviously, very much non grata, as the RSPCA is "urging the public to leave the matter to the authorities". Serves the old bag right!

Here's the latest from the BBC website... can you believe she is not facing criminal charges?!

____

Inquiry after CCTV shows woman dumping cat in wheelie bin

An inquiry is under way after a cat owner in Coventry captured CCTV images of a woman dumping his cat into a wheelie bin. Lola, a four-year-old tabby, was discovered 15 hours later by owner Darryl Mann after he heard her cries. He then checked his CCTV cameras and saw footage of the woman first stroking the cat and then taking her by the scruff and throwing her in the bin.

The RSPCA has said it will be speaking to the woman, who has been identified.

"I don't know how someone could do it to such a defenceless animal,” Darryl Man, cat owner
Mr Mann, 26, of Brays Lane, said he had not noticed that Lola had been missing.

"She is a night cat. We sometimes don't see her in the day unless she comes in for food," he said.
He said he had been going out to his car on Sunday morning when he heard a cat meowing. "I thought at first she was under the car. But then I found her in the bin," he said.

He later checked his CCTV, which he installed to boost security, to see how Lola had got in there.

"I thought she might have got in herself. She's not the brightest cat," he said. "It's disgusting, she's a lovely cat... she'd never hurt anyone."

'Not criminal offence'

"I don't know how someone could do it to such a defenceless animal. Obviously, we had to go through a good few hours of video footage, but... within a couple of hours we had it on the internet."

West Midlands police said they got a call on Sunday evening to report what had happened. They said they were supporting the RSPCA investigation and urged the public to leave the matter to the authorities.

"Coventry police have not arrested the woman because she has not committed a criminal offence," the force said.

The RSPCA said it was leading the investigation and would be talking to the woman shortly.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24-Aug-10, 11:04:57 AM »

aaarggh  It's no wonder why people do the things they do. There are no consequences for their actions! Sheesh!

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-Aug-10, 01:22:40 PM »

Don't let me near that woman!

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25-Aug-10, 04:38:24 AM »

This morning's update on the cat...

Woman who binned cat baffled by 'overreaction'

A woman who enraged animal lovers across the world by dumping a cat in a wheelie bin said today she “thought it would be funny”.

Mary Bale told The Sun that she binned the feline as “a joke”, adding: “It’s only a cat.”

The 45-year-old sparked an angry online campaign after being caught on CCTV throwing the pet into a large green rubbish bin in the Stoke area of Coventry.

Tabby Lola was trapped for 15 hours after being picked up by the scruff on the neck and dumped in the container. The four-year-old emerged unscathed but footage of the incident, posted on social networking site Facebook, provoked angry reactions.

Hundreds of people joined groups on the site... and many have posted threatening messages about the woman depicted in the CCTV. The footage also led to an ongoing RSPCA investigation.

Speaking to The Sun newspaper, the woman said people were “overreacting”. She said: “I really don’t see what everyone is getting so excited about – it’s just a cat.”

Ms Bale explained to the newspaper that she noticed the cat as she was walking home from work and began stroking it. “I don’t know what came over me, but I suddenly thought it would be funny to put it in the wheelie bin which was right beside me. I did it as a joke because I thought it would be funny. I never thought it would be trapped. I expected it to wriggle free.”

Ms Bale admitted that she “shouldn’t have done it” but added that she did not deserve the hatred of people around the world.

Lola’s owner Stephanie Mann yesterday appealed for calm and urged people not to take “matters into their own hands”.

The 24-year-old cat lover said: “I can’t believe the reaction to the story. I only posted it on Facebook because I wanted to see who she was. Now that the police know who she is, I think people should leave it to them and the RSPCA and not take matters into their own hands."

Last night, West Midlands Police said Ms Bale had not committed a criminal offence. A spokesman said: “The RSPCA is leading an investigation into the incident and will be interviewing the woman shortly. Coventry police are supporting the society’s investigation and would urge the public to leave the matter to be dealt with in the appropriate manner by the authorities."

The force said the woman was not being given police protection and community support officers were outside her address monitoring a large group of people for “public order purposes as per routine police procedure”.
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25-Aug-10, 04:59:10 PM »

I think she needs to be stuck in a garbage can for 15 hours with no water or food and then lets ask her if she still feels like its a big joke and funny.  devil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: