THE FORUM

30-Apr-24, 10:59:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not ANOTHER cat story!  (Read 1785 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 27-Aug-10, 08:36:43 AM »

Ok... I'll stop now. And we don't even have cats at the moment. This, however, (from The Irish Times) should serve to amuse on a Friday afternoon as ROC awaits another blazing weekend...

Purrfect ending as Tweets solve mystery of highly trained kitty

It was not a case of the cat catching a bird but of a tweet finding the cat. A fare-evading feline which travelled by Dart [Dublin Area Rapid Transit] from Malahide to Dublin’s Pearse Street station was reunited with its owner yesterday after an appeal was posted by Iarnród Éireann [Irish Railroads] on Twitter.

Five-month-old Lilou managed to make her way undetected as far as the city centre station on Wednesday morning before she was handed in by a concerned passenger at 11am. Using CCTV, Iarnród Éireann managed to trace her movements back to Malahide in north County Dublin where footage revealed that she boarded the train at 10.30am.

Human resources staff looked after the stowaway and temporarily christened her “Dart”. A staff member brought her home to mind on Wednesday night.

After ringing animal welfare societies for advice, the company decided to try using Twitter to post an appeal to its more than 3,000 followers. The tweet at about midday read: “Is this your cat? Arrived Pearse Stn yesterday 11am, off Malahide Dart”. The company also later put out a media appeal.

Iarnód Éireann’s tweet was reposted more than 100 times, and about 2 pm yesterday, the owner contacted the Dart station. Parisian Eric Bieci said he received a number of calls from people who knew his cat was missing and had heard that a cat from Malahide had been found.

Lilou had been missing since Monday night after Mr Bieci left the window open in his home near Malahide Dart station. Because he manages the local Seabank Bistro, he was not always there at night, he explained. Mr Bieci said he spent all night on Monday looking for her.

Noting that Lilou “looks tired” after her adventure, Mr Bieci joked: “She decided to go shopping in the city centre. However, I didn’t give her my credit card.”

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: