THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 07:18:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1016058 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2325 on: 14-May-18, 09:40:39 AM »

Uh, swooping? Yeah, we sure do.   laugh I sure hope this all ends peacefully for all concerned. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: 14-May-18, 12:16:05 PM »

Meanwhile back here, it continues with a surprise 4th falcon making an appearance last time I was outside.  Don't know where he came from - I got outside and saw 3 in the air, Aria and Lucky and D'arcy and then looked  east and lo and behold there was a 4th.  Thought I was seeing things but no ..the binoculars don't lie.  Looked like it might be the younger male that was here a few weeks ago based on coloring.  He flew north east out of the fray and likely out of territory.

D'arcy is getting more courage now and Lucky starting to back her up more...likely the egg is working it's binding magic on them.  Aria is missing 2 feathers - I think she's molting as she had one missing when she was displaced I remember seeing.

I have confirmation now that this is Aria, Roger was out and managed to read her bands so it's confirmed.
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: 14-May-18, 03:46:40 PM »

Thank you both for keeping tabs on them!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: 14-May-18, 04:19:04 PM »

Back home now...too tired.  This could go on for days as we know.  When I left Aria was doing her usual circling the nest tower and taunting Darcy .

Earlier Lucky brought Darcy food and she was eating and so I went out to check thinking it would be quiet.  Of course by the time I got downstairs all three were in the air.  Lucky for some reason went to get more food and he gave it to Aria - which freaked me out and both of them I think because they both kind of hovered in the air like 'you gave me food?' and 'oh crap wrong female' and me on the street going 'what the heck was that?' - they did an actual flip in the air food exchange right above me.  Maybe he was trying to give her food to get her to go away?  Well Darcy lost her mind and went into full attack mode on Aria - a decapitated pigeon went flying down to the ground in front of the Subway across the street as she had to let it go.  At one point they locked talons and did one spin and both let go.  Then Lucky started chasing Aria...it was a bizarre encounter.  

I don't know what the girl is thinking..honestly I don't.  I guess I don't understand why she thinks she has a chance?  With Cadence it was obvious as she seriously injured the resident female but this is not the same scenario and I fear for her but I"m not a falcon so maybe I"m missing the obvious.  I guess if you're in the territory flying around like you own it - that's a weakness.

I've notified security, the building management, many of the condo people are aware of what's going on as are the local stores/restaurants across the streets due to Darcy's constant yelling and Aria's kacking.  So hopefully if anything bad does happen we're covered and they know who to call and what to do.
« Last Edit: 14-May-18, 04:25:38 PM by carly » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: 14-May-18, 04:57:57 PM »

Back home now...too tired.  This could go on for days as we know.  When I left Aria was doing her usual circling the nest tower and taunting Darcy .

Earlier Lucky brought Darcy food and she was eating and so I went out to check thinking it would be quiet.  Of course by the time I got downstairs all three were in the air.  Lucky for some reason went to get more food and he gave it to Aria - which freaked me out and both of them I think because they both kind of hovered in the air like 'you gave me food?' and 'oh crap wrong female' and me on the street going 'what the heck was that?' - they did an actual flip in the air food exchange right above me.  Maybe he was trying to give her food to get her to go away?  Well Darcy lost her mind and went into full attack mode on Aria - a decapitated pigeon went flying down to the ground in front of the Subway across the street as she had to let it go.  At one point they locked talons and did one spin and both let go.  Then Lucky started chasing Aria...it was a bizarre encounter.  

I don't know what the girl is thinking..honestly I don't.  I guess I don't understand why she thinks she has a chance?  With Cadence it was obvious as she seriously injured the resident female but this is not the same scenario and I fear for her but I"m not a falcon so maybe I"m missing the obvious.  I guess if you're in the territory flying around like you own it - that's a weakness.

I've notified security, the building management, many of the condo people are aware of what's going on as are the local stores/restaurants across the streets due to Darcy's constant yelling and Aria's kacking.  So hopefully if anything bad does happen we're covered and they know who to call and what to do.

Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: 15-May-18, 07:32:06 AM »

So came in to the office this morning and what do I find.  Aria and Lucky perched on the Mondelez sign on the West Tower and Darcy on the nest tray with her egg.     stupid

Raining on and off this morning.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: 15-May-18, 08:12:46 AM »

8.00 am and did a quick outside check.  Lucky brought Darcy some breakfast and Aria flew off to the South West somewhere...watched her until I couldn't see her anymore.  Still raining so not aggression this morning by anyone.
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: 15-May-18, 09:53:27 AM »

Maybe Aria will find another location and Lucky will be a two-timer like Jack and Dot.ca.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: 15-May-18, 10:26:54 AM »

Hate that this is happening. Hate territorial battles.  Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: 15-May-18, 12:44:40 PM »

My hope for Aria is that she finds a new mate and site.   Lucky was her first mate and she adores him.   They were never far from each other when perched on site, if he was on the cam she was on the tray and vice versa.  If he was out of site she would call for him constantly until he came in.  I liken it to the way DC was over Piggot back in the day.  Even this morning, there she was perched on the next letter on the sign beside him -I think his moving on has been confusing for her.  She is a very emotional girl and it was quite evident that she was upset by his actions and by his lack of support.  It's a learning experience for her, for him it's on to number 4 .

When she left, she didn't make a sound - she just lifted off and flew south out of the territory.  I don't know if that indicates she'll be back or maybe she's accepted that he's moved on now.  Only time will tell.  So far it's peaceful and these two have resumed working on egg number 2.

« Last Edit: 16-May-18, 10:42:22 AM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: 16-May-18, 10:42:41 AM »

Egg #2 has arrived for Lucky and Darcy
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: 16-May-18, 05:14:21 PM »

Chaos just pulled out half an egg shell!  I think we has a hatch for her and Stormin!!!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: 16-May-18, 06:42:17 PM »

Chaos just pulled out half an egg shell!  I think we has a hatch for her and Stormin!!!

mbanana bguitar

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: 16-May-18, 08:02:11 PM »

I've gotten 2 quick peeks of the baby..not the greatest photos but you can see 'white'!   yahoo  Stormin came in awhile ago with food for her and must have gotten told to come back later as he was gone on the next refresh.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: 16-May-18, 10:19:22 PM »

heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: