THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 03:16:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accident on North Side of Kodak Office - 9/7/10  (Read 12070 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« on: 07-Sep-10, 11:32:14 AM »

Here's the article about the accident that happened next to Kodak Office this a.m.  It was a bad one.  Hate when young kids are involved.  Hope they're all ok.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100907/NEWS01/100907016/Children--others-injured-in-crash-near-Kodak-Office-Building&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

Peregrines know no borders.....
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07-Sep-10, 01:21:12 PM »

Sounds like such a bad accident.  Here is an update:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100907/NEWS01/100907031/Six-members-of-one-Rochester-family-injured-in-crash&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-Sep-10, 04:58:11 PM »

That was awful, glad no one was killed.  No offense to anyone, but shouldn't someone have to speak English to drive here?  At least highway signs are still in English.  Sorry, but that's how I feel.  Maybe that would have helped avoid the pain everyone is in  Sad
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 08-Sep-10, 09:56:01 AM »

That was awful, glad no one was killed.  No offense to anyone, but shouldn't someone have to speak English to drive here?  At least highway signs are still in English.  Sorry, but that's how I feel.  Maybe that would have helped avoid the pain everyone is in  Sad

Actually I think the pain would have been avoided had the driver of the van (a) followed the vehicle & traffic laws and (b) made sure everyone in the vehicle was appropriately secured with either a seat belt or a child safety seat.

Language has nothing to do with it.

The corner of Plymouth and Brown is notorious for traffic accidents because drivers try to beat the traffic light.  Kodak Office Building # 10 is right on the corner, and it effectively blocks the view of drivers on Brown and Plymouth (both of which are one-way streets at that location).  So someone trying to run the red light inevitably gets T-boned by someone who's zipping through the intersection because they have a green light and don't see the oncoming traffic from the other street. 

The problem there is not the location; it's that too many people in this world are "stuck on stupid".  Sorry to sound so harsh about this, but I'm in EMS and I get to see the results of people being stupid on the roads all the time.  This collision was entirely avoidable.
« Last Edit: 08-Sep-10, 10:01:05 AM by Lord G » Logged

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-Sep-10, 10:07:07 AM »

That seems to be the problem all over, people running through the RED light. This is why I wait a second or 2 before I go. Yeah, I get beeped at from the car behind me but I avoided being hit numerous times because I wait. It turns Amber for a reason.  stupid

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-Sep-10, 10:28:58 AM »

That seems to be the problem all over, people running through the RED light. This is why I wait a second or 2 before I go. Yeah, I get beeped at from the car behind me but I avoided being hit numerous times because I wait. It turns Amber for a reason.  stupid

As I now tell the grown-up nieces and nephews, I am a member of the "Let 'em Beep School of Motoring". Ireland, sadly, is not dissimilar, where they seem to think that the red and amber lights are optional. On a lighter note, the saying here is that the Irish do not actually park their cars... they simply abandon them. And I am convinced that if I ever get into an accident State-side, it will be in the parking lot of a big supermarket or mall, where no rules seem to apply - the Diagonal Approach seems to be a favourite...
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-Sep-10, 11:05:09 AM »

I got broad-sided once and ever since then I look both ways before proceeding when the light turns green. Everyone today is in a hurry to get to the next red light!  nono

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-Sep-10, 01:33:13 PM »

This is so appropriate!  Today is the first day of school here in Ithaca, and on my way downtown I was bored so I decided to count all the cars who ran red lights.  It started when I turned off my little road and stopped at the red light only to notice a van flying through the light on my right!  There are kids out everywhere now and all they are thinking about it is darn, back to school.  Those driving should really pay more attention to everything/everything around them. 

Jim, I think you are right about "stuck on stupid".
Suzanne
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-Sep-10, 02:22:41 PM »

I agree.  I am on the monroe county 911 twitter and it is astounding what goes on out there.   scared blue

Anatole France
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 08-Sep-10, 02:28:46 PM »

And we all know that falcon watchers are the world's safest drivers.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08-Sep-10, 02:31:11 PM »

Priceless, Shaky!! 2thumbsup rofl

Anatole France
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08-Sep-10, 02:50:09 PM »

goodone   2funny hysterical

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08-Sep-10, 02:51:07 PM »

Hahahahahaha!   2funny

Peregrines know no borders.....
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08-Sep-10, 03:18:51 PM »

Very funny Shaky, but you, of course, realize that falcon watchers have two eyes, one is always aimed to the sky, while the other on the road Wink
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08-Sep-10, 06:38:53 PM »

Shaky, that was too funny..love it. Ok, so here's my idea of bird watching:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: